Y&R April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why does it have to go beyond JG? If he wanted to write for her, he would. It's been said for years that he doesn't like the Sharon character -- and we're seeing that on the show.

For me, it's another reason to fire JG.

• Members

Hah, I wouldn't be surprised.

Amen. You can feel Adam and Devon's visceral hate when Billy walks into a room. I feel the same way. Dude walks around pretending to give everybody therapy because he's so screwed up and thinks he can pass along life lessons. I wish he would STFU. I can't stand him.

• Members

4-18

Just ugh!!! What is Danny and Christine still doing in town? The more the writers stall on them going on their trip...the more the Giggly Heffa is going to mess it up. Speaking of her, I giggled at her not knowing NONE of the Newmans' business with Claire and Jordan. And really giggled at Nate checking her about being nosy about C-W business.

I...am liking Scorned Lily. Even if it blows up in her face, I admit that she's giving people the business. Because I too was tired of (even if he's right) Billy making it all about himself. 

I was happy to see an Ashley sighting this week because this week is not feeling at all as great as last week's 'masterpiece.' I guess it says something when one A story is better than the 'other' A story. Because the Harrison drama has been just as good, but perhaps it's the last of beat hitting for me or more off-screen happenings. 

OMG yes! I couldn't care less for Adam, but even I was Team Adam when he basically told Billy to GTFO when he and Chelesa was about to talk to the doctor about Connor. And I don't even like the Connor story, but that story too feels like 'must give Billy something to do'

• Members

I know he didn't!!!!

I'm not, but I have mostly been avoiding that story. I only noticed what I watched in the 4-18 episode with them because I didn't do my normal FF.

Please register in order to view this content

I WILL be watching for that now though. 

• Members

Caught a bit of Traci and wish they wouldn't give her such corny lines. We know Traci has a big heart etc but in the scenes with Jack and then Danny she was just blathering on about how wonderful they are. It comes off as too needy.

Beth deserves better than that. And I wish she would ditch the old lady hair do!

• Members

But I like her hair! But she's been a ball of fire during this Ashley storyline with it.

I do wish they would give Beth more to do though. I would hate to see her vanish again once this story is over. She seems more a heart to the story than Jack is. 

• Members

I agree. The best thing about the whole Ashley storyline has been how it's a masterpiece for how excellent Eileen Davidson is as an actress rather than that it's written well. Though I will give credit where credit is due...the week Apr 6-12...was great writing. The Ashley story (I will even include 4-4 for the coda) was the A story and it had movement every day that week (but Apr 12 when it took backburner status and even then it was referenced thruout the episode). And each day ended on a cliffhanger. I thought that week was well done and the acting from ED, JB, TSJ, and especially BM was flawless.

• Members

I have problems with Traci being SHOCKED when Jack mentions perhaps putting Ashley into a hospital for psych eval.

I mean, really??? You claim you're watching your sister closely and this hasn't crossed your mind?? I just thought that was ridiculous writing.

And then Traci mentions a psychiatist from frickin FRANCE. Maybe we'll get a greenscreen with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

• Members

Lol. Don't tell me they still don't know Ashley lied about that French psychiatist.

Which is probably why that week I mentioned above resonated...especially when the writers brought Traci and Ashley's history into the intervention. I was not expecting that, and BM sold that.