Y&R April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Trevor on OLTL so much and was excited when he joined last year.

At first he was alright but he seems so bored with this material and is kinda phoning it in.

Zuleyka is a fabulous actress and beautiful too. U could tell 2 weeks ago when Tucker proposed. Trevor seemed so zoned out and unconvincing in his lines while Zuleyka did her hardest to bring those scenes to life as Audra. That’s why I was wondering how people feel about the character in general.

I do think a better pairing is needed for her or Trevor has to get it together. Idk. Sometimes I like Tucker-Audra and sometimes it’s just cringeworthy when just one of the couple is actually giving a damn about acting and bringing it to life lol It’s like a trainwreck where u just can’t look away from. I don’t remember Trevor ever being this lazy on his acting 

• Members
Posted (edited)

The suit is fine, in a modern boxy cut.  But, I don't believe a Newman would wear a YSL knockoff bag (even if it is sold by future RHONY-ite Rebecca Minkoff)

Edited by j swift

• Members

Why should Nick have any occupation(s)?  Again, write to JM's strengths.  Let Nick Newman be that aging manchild/playboy, who still likes to bang chicks half his age and tries all the time to be an adult but just can't ever get it right, lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don’t get it either. There are and have been so many more actors and actresses that have annoyed me ten times more. He’s Nick to me and I wouldn’t want a recast. 

Trevor isn’t bothering me on Y&R either. But I’m a TSJ apologist.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Hey I loved TSJ on OLTL and don’t noticed that back then and thought his acting was good especially with his teen daughter etc. 
But on Y&R he’s like just 40% invested lol 

Like Kahn said there are moments where he just checks out and u can clearly see that. The proposal episode was so hard to stomach and if it wasn’t for Audra‘s actress I would’ve fast forward those scenes even though I like them both as actors. She really fought through that damn scenes lol 

• Members

Nick doesn't fit in with the Newmans in a lot of ways. That was built-in, and at times has been used to contrast who he is vs. his father's expectations, but with the lazy writing of the last decade, it makes him kind of superfluous, similar to Abby. As was noted by @Paul Raven, Nick was an affordable housing developer for years, and we never saw a single home that he built, and if we ever saw any of the people he helped, it was probably a throwaway scene at the coffeehouse. Under Bill Bell, this stuff came to life with storylines like Margaret and Miles at Rainbow Gardens.