GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Given that the talk of Marland's Rules are in line with the talking points of GH...uh...quite on topic regardless of opinions on said rules.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...

I have to agree. If I had to force myself to figure out what the main story is...I would say there is NONE. There has just been a lot of building so I would say a LOT of B stories. And the closest that comes close to an A story would be Jason's return and how much of an umbrella story it has the potential to be since it touches on Sonny's crimes, Pikeman, Sonny's meds, etc. 

It makes me think of last week's Y&R. I said it on that thread so I will be brief as to not do a derail, but Ashley's mental issues was the A story. Each day last week focused mainly on that with a nice twist/movement and a cliffhanger at the end of episode to make you tune in. Eileen Davidson gave a whole masterclass each day, climaxing in the intervention that was Wednesday with good fallout Thursday, helped by all the actors/actresses making up the Abbott family. Emotional coda. I kinda disagreed with the Friday episode focused on another A story, but at least the reference Ashley at the start of the episode and a few times throughout the episode to keep the story alive. I don't like the writing too much as of late, but last week was really well done. Or it could be my love of Eileen Davidson showing. 

I have confident that PM and EK will get there as well, but right now, it does seem muddled overall though I agree that day to day writing has been superb. 

I think that might be how I feel more. A mix-match.

But like I said on the other page...I feel as well May Sweeps at the earliest to summer at the latest on people gone. 

I think you are quite close. 

I really want to say the WSB has what is left of the necklace. After all didn't Laura and Robert have Eileen Ashby tried to fake out the necklace to Victor? Not to mention Holly's arc connected to it as well. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree, but it will take more than dead-ass Gregory for me to get excited. It's time for a good 3-4 people to go. Just for starters!

I remember the crazy days of Malone II at OLTL. IIRC they didn't dump a ton of people in the first month, but after that they started cutting a swath like a house on fire (starting with Larry Lau's Sam Rappaport), slowly but surely over those next six months. There were also a lot of additions of course. And Guza II here at GH dumped Kristina I and Roy fairly quickly in 2002 (and GF/Laura, though I doubt very much that was the plan going in), but I can't remember anyone else getting iced. Of course, those shows' canvases were not quite as bloated or full of pointless people as this one is.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Was Hannah already gone by then?

I did wonder if A wanted to leave or if he was fired.

I just fully assume Frank and ABC are still going to call the shots and PM/EK will work around the edges. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

IIRC Hannah was cut in 2001 by JFP. They literally shipped her off to Alaska or somewhere lol. I have no idea with AM but I suspect the Guza team and ABC both wanted no part of him after JFP's failed Roy Hospital.

I have my doubts. We have nothing in place yet to suggest FV is still holding full control, especially since he was forced to cut Roger Howarth.

I should add I was very impressed with the Laura/Anna, etc. stuff last week myself. “Charm has no moral weight, and impulse is not character.” Dialogue is just much smarter across the board or more soulful. Even stuff with Chase/BLQ and Finn/Alexis talking about money, their family pasts, etc. is much more mature and thought-out.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh that's right. I suppose if she had stayed Guza might have used her. 

I do think there have been changes to the show, which is a very good thing, it just seems like barring an earthquake, we're never getting past the basic standards of a Carly/Jason/Sonny-led GH.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The Big 3 are a fact of life for me at GH, like climate change. Since I can't eliminate Sonny and Jason the issue for me now is usage, and so far I think the Jason return story has been done well by showing more than just the worshipful take. Jason's family, loved ones, children have legitimate issues with him and have given voice to it, mostly his children and exes. Anna and Laura (and Wagger) are given voice to accurately put Sonny on blast in smart scenes. Steve is at least showing up to act for once, and Sonny is being played for a total fool and sabotaging himself. I can work with all of that. Carly, who knows.

I doubt it. IIRC Hannah was a Riche mandate, and the disdain for her oozed out of the scripts. I liked LV with Billy Warlock, but looking at it now she was very green and it was probably time to go.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Another great episode today. Ava vs. Nina wasn't just entertaining bitchery, but so much more. In fact, I thought the actors were playing a mourning of their friendship throughout amidst the anger and wants of their characters. I may be a soft touch, but I genuinely cried at the end with Nina as she finally let go of her relationship with Sonny. It took awhile but I was pleased to see her get a bit of dignity. I also hope that Ava doesn't actually want Sonny the man, she just craves the power he brings and when all is said and done, she'll betray him to obtain his empire, or at least and more likely, die trying. 

@carolineg thought of you instantly when Lois mentioned her best friend. If the scenes with Maxie are insinuating that she could join Deception, hopefully that means that she's sticking around and will be given some purpose all her own.

I continue to surprise myself by how invested I am in Jason/Carly/Sonny scenes, but the emotional stakes are being played by the former and the hunger to see Sonny fall keeps me well fed for now. I'll always want SJB back, but I can't deny Laura Wright knocks it out of the park. 

Sorry to be crude, but even as a gay man, Kelly Monaco's breasts had me hypnotized.

MVP of today: Cynthia Watros.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members
Posted (edited)

HW(S): Patrick Mulcahey & Elizabeth Korte

BDW: Emily Culliton

SW: Kaye Hall

DIR: Allison Reames-Smith

This episode was good

Dismantaling Nina/Ava. Nina signing divorce papers

Kristina and Sam talking Sonny/Ava. Jason & Sam discuss Danny. Danny/Kristina talk Jason and Sam

Sonny still rewriting history this time with Carly

The SaVoy: Loved Lois and Maxie. Could see Lois at Deception

Drew?Wilow: Was that a chem test?

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

Kristina has a premonition that Ava is gonna cause her and that baby harm … make it happen! 

When Lois mentioned that her “best friend” was the face of Deception in the 90’s, I wondered if Frank was being a little bitch by not having Brenda mentioned by name. I guess it’s safe to assume  Lois is still in touch with Brenda then? 

Edited by BetterForgotten