GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel like Hannah was barely used and halfway out the door long before she actually left.  With C level pairings with Taggert and AJ.  I doubt she would have been used as well.  She was one of those characters that seemed doomed from inception and it seems like LV was hired for her looks more than her experience.

Yay!  A Brenda mention?  Even in the most vague way and a possible sign Lois and Brenda might still be bff?  I can't catch it till later, but I assume it will make me happy.  Thanks for the heads up.

I feel like it's been years since Brenda was mentioned by name.

• Members

Good show today

Nina vs Ava was fantastic. CW did a great job playing Nina realizing just how badly Ava’s been playing her then Maura West with the heel turn midway basically gloating, delightful to watch. Nina finally got to be played sympathetically as well with that last montage

If you had told me in 2005 Sam would be trying to keep Jason away from their kid I wouldn’t believe it but thats the kind of perspective shift I love that only soaps can do. Their scenes with Danny and Kristina were great

I’ve always felt LW and MB’s best chemistry is when Sonny and Carly are fighting. Sonny’s feelings of betrayal are 100% valid 

More Willow and Drew chem testing hmmm….I liked him bringing up Nina in a not so negative way. I really want a nasty love quad with Nina/Drew/Michael/Nina that ends with Michael becoming a sloppy drunk like his daddy and Drew causing havoc like a real Quartermaine.

I actually love that the cast is large, I just think half of the canvas is uninteresting and should be replaced with more dynamic characters. Cody, Sasha, Finn and his entire family should be the first to go. Bring in some young hospital interns, some teen girls for Jake and Danny to fight over, new guys for Trina and Josslyn, etc

• Members
Posted (edited)

He's very hot, but I'm tired of FV puffing up random dayplayers and recurring parts and just adding more and more for them because he can't be bothered to hire new unique characters for valued veterans or other folks tbh. I want a real hire. And they can maybe give that PCPD guy a purpose and pairing that doesn't feel like it's just a stopgap for Rena.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Obviously, I haven't seen it yet, but it would seem more normal to just refer to Brenda by name as the Face of Deception in the 90's instead of her best friend just because Maxie would naturally know this information and what their relationship was, but whatever lol.  

Yeah, I have no problem with Lois working for Deception, but she seems quite fulfilled with her career.  I'd rather her and Brook Lynn figure out something in the music business they can do together.

• Members

I still think they should have Jake go for a teen boy. Non-actor Aiden and his Easy-Bake 'fro are not story-ready!

The Willow/Drew stuff is finally starting to feel intentional after being very weird for a very long time lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think there's still elements of that, lol. They've been making relentless sport of her ever since MB clearly pushed to be paired with her after Nixon Falls, it's been a grudge played out onscreen and as we've discussed here over the last year or so, even as someone who doesn't care much about Nina it got very tiresome watching her cry and moan and be humiliated everyday. But PM's team has wisely returned Nina to some of her roots - histrionic, spoiled, manic socialite fluttering around her various businesses - and CW plays that to the hilt. CM also plays very well with her as Drew. There's more of a sense of fun and mischief to Nina's character now.

Edited by Vee