GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That would be really great if that ends up being the case. And the best part would be that by the time he is done, Nina's life will completely be in tatters and her mind and spirit will be so broken and destroyed that she will be shipped off to a mental institution for the rest of her days and she can languish there until the very day she dies, ignored and forgotten forever. 

• Members

4-16

Wow. The introspection of it all. 

I know it's been mentioned, but I've enjoyed all the discussions going on. Easily the highlight has been Laura/Jordan and Maxie/Felicia. 

I know it's been mentioned in here about Laura talking about Sonny. But it was just for me how she articulated herself. It was different. Perhaps it's because I love Laura so I enjoy moments that are just HER. Not her new brothers. Not even plot. But...her. How she's thinking. How she's feeling. Like Anna declaring war on Sonny which made sense even though they had gotten closer in the last few years, Laura just talking about it was just good. There's this one moment that really rang true for me, and that was when Laura said if it had been anyone BUT Sonny...yeah she would have thrown the book at them. And now she just might. I found that refreshingly true. And GF did so well with that. 

Meanwhile, Maxie/Felicia felt more like a mother/daughter conversation than a 'let's get people up to spend on stuff' conversation. And seeing Maxie express how she thinks...how she feels. Again refreshing.

Perhaps it's just because they have been background for so long. And now they have a point of view.

I even liked the TJ/Gregory talk. And it did what I mentioned earlier that I liked...two people I should have realized are connected and then it hit me. Duh. Molly and Alexis. It was just a cute and organic moment. 

Trina sighting! That said...I liked what she said. though I felt it was wasted on Dex and Joss. Speaking of Dex...is that the first time he didn't have his dog tags on?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Some of the Sprins fans need to be careful on Twitter/X. Some are saying no Spencer if Not NAC & no other love interest for Trina unless its Spencer played by NAC

GL fans did this back in 2005 with Danny & Michelle. The end result: Both actors & characters written out. 

I  do not want that for Trina. 

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

For Willow to be a viable character, she needs to be recast. The current actor is more of a hair model than anything else. It's hard to imagine her emoting in a real, relatable way or going over to the dark side. 

I wonder who thought it would be entertaining to give Gregory Harrison's character ALS? It's a shame, as he does have chemistry with Tracy and Alexis; as a different character, or if they had made different choices with him, he would have been interesting.

The show is better, but I do wish the new writers would quickly move on and drop all the crap of the previous regimes! A 1991 Gloria Monty-esque hard reboot would have been so nice!

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

Unless her fans screw things up for her, which is a very real possibility, I do not think Trina is in any danger of being let go or recast. Probably the POC are all quite safe, although they might do what they did with Marshall & move them from contract to recurring.

My guesses on unsafe people would include: Finn, Violet, Cody Bell, Sasha, Lucy, Brad, Liesl, Terry, Amy, Scott & Liz, which could impact her sons. 

We already know that Gregory will not be here after sometime in the next month. Everyone expects his character to die during Sweeps.