BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Congrats! Looking forward to this playing out. 

Meanwhile, I wonder what the chances would ever be for NBC Universal to bring DAYS back to network TV.  In any event, I could see them suddenly beefing up the Carver family again. Paging Dr. Jonah Carver. 

• Members

I love Dark Shadows, but that was revived multiple times and just didn't work. 

I can't argue with you, and to be honest I don't expect either show to return, but I do think the basic core of each show along with their longevity and history could still work today. I think GL in particular had something special - there was always a streak of instability and wildness alongside the tradition. It's America, essentially. When I listen to radio episodes from 1950, Meta's neuroses and her toxic relationships hold up just as well today as they did at the time. 

• Members

Wow! Congratulations on getting this off the ground! I must say, I was skeptical til the last moment. But I am very happy they are investing in a new soap. I just hope they give a real shot and not bolt at the first drop of ratings.

Lets see who gets cast

Please register in order to view this content

• Toups changed the title to BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025
  • Members

The irony is still so delicious

Please register in order to view this content

I’m looking forward to this and I really hope it works out. And hopefully, it’ll inspire some other soap writers, etc. to pitch their ideas as well. 

• Members

This is a testment to how the fans have kept the genre alive through pure dedication and nostalgia despite the the genre's quality erosion and near total collapse.

I could feel the nostalgia effect driving change around 2017 when we saw returns of charachters like Sheila Carter & Jason Morga, as well as the relaunch of B&B's classic intros.Y&R's charachter history episodes, holiday classics and pandemic classics were also proof of nostalgia's power in soaps.