BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

The Gates is a GO!!!

That means come Jan 2025, there will 5 Daytime soaps on TV/Streaming. Hopefully it shows there can be more added sooner rather than later. This is about celebrating a genre not competition among the 5.

If I were CBS Id do

YR, The Gates then B& B

Well that is if The Gates remains an hour long

Edited by John

• Members

Yes!  More variety in daytime! Let's hope it's written properly!!!! and let's hope this leads to more soaps...and more diversity on soaps. CBS tends to do well in rural areas so let's hope those audiences support this show as much as black viewers have supported Y&R.

Finally a soap (other than Y&R attempts to give one of their biggest demographics leading stories).

Not that GH is ratings powerhouse, but I am curious as to which soap will prevail in ratings...but that's getting ahead of ourselves.

• Members

Given how outdated the nielsens are I bet in TV, the ratings stay the same. Streaming is where the eyeballs could be more for one than the other. Time will tell. Lets hope they all do well and a sixth soap comes sooner than later.