BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Just to confirm... does Tyler Perry have no writers at all???

It's a shame that the most powerful black producer/creator in Hollywood delivers a s*it product. His refusal to hire writers and seeming ignorance of how bad his work is is astounding. There are a few Tyler Perry Productions like House of Pane that I enjoy, but others just fall flat. 

Finally CBS has given up on The Talk!

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

Given this announcement came out of nowhere (at least for me) I wouldn’t be surprised if she did or at least have some outlines.

My second purely speculative uneducated guess would be maybe either February and/or first week of March 2025 (at least before March Madness)? Let TPIR reruns/extras warm the spot.

• Members

Oooo! That is a perfect way to view what all has gone down. The show that killed my precious ATWT and the man who killed all of daytime (don't know if that's appropriate to say but my apologies) kicking the bucket. Pure karma.

CBS, go ahead and make me happy by canceling Let's Make a Deal! We can bring back ATWT & GL as 30-minute soaps. 

• Members

As I've never met anyone who watched LMAD I would be glad to see it replaced by a soap and seeing the old P&G soaps again (I'd even take Search). I keep having to remind myself we're still not even fully sure about The Gates getting on rather than just another talk show or game show or repeats.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree.  Unfortunately, there are too many people too willing to keep watching his TV series, movies and original plays.  Until that changes, and audiences start demanding better from him, he's not likely to evolve his craft.

I really hope we don't get another talk show anytime soon.  I think we scraped the bottom of that barrel the day we decided to give Drew Barrymore her own show.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I can't see why they wouldn't just air The Talk until The Gates is ready to premiere. It's a show that can literally wrap filming at any point in time if needed, so I think we've gotten a timeline on when we can expect The Gates.