BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

Very classy way to exit a longtime gig. 

That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it is she's leaving a place she valued and doesn't want to burn a bridge. Despite it's creative malaise, B&B is still a success. George Cheeks' own words confirm that. 

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Another area where I think this benefits CBS is that if they're trying to attract a Black audience, they have multiple avenues to promote and support this show. First, they have to cast it right with actors Black viewers will want to tune in to see and also they have BET and BET+ which could provide other windows to air the show. 

• Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yrs-mishael-morgan-on-her-daytime-pride

April 2024: a newly-published SOD mini-interview with Mishael Morgan.  It could have been done at any time but it seems to be new.
It's all about how Mishael is grateful for soaps and for Y&R and considers it home, etc.  etc.

I'm posting because she is proud of her soap heritage, and so I thought maybe The Gates would appreciate her.  (If Y&R continues to be stupid)

• Members

The problem is: Mishael Morgan chose to go recurring this go 'round, so I suspect if she wanted to be on a soap full-time, it would be The Young and the Restless, though I also think she'd be a good hire for The Gates (since both Amanda / Hilary are no-gos for me).

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's been a month (yesterday) since the announcement! Our very own March madness. Probably won't get any news for months, but who knows? If it does come to fruition, the whole process will prove to be fascinating.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I noticed that Tyler Perry cast Debbi Morgan in a new Netflix series. That was interesting to me since he's never cast her before and he tends to have a competitive streak toward other Black productions (House of Payne ended it's first run one episode after it broke The Jeffersons' record for longest running Black sitcom). His show does only have an initial order of 16 episodes so Debbi could probably do The Gates by the time it is ready to roll.

• Members

And, when you watch his movies/series, it becomes obvious HOW they shot it so fast. Very few costume changes, VERY long scenes where people repeat the same lines over and over...wait!...Am I talking about B&B?  LOL

• Members

Lol, that is true.

He pushes the actors to get everything right in one take so he doesn't have to reshoot. It's definitely a crazy way to shoot, but he obsessed with quantity. It's like he is JER without the supernatural stuff in terms of pacing.