BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

Forget about Tyler Perry in any capacity other than lending his impressive ATL studio for The Gates. Still hoping ATL is chosen for the setting, but I am committed to this new soap no matter where they choose.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

The man writes some shockingly bad scripts. Just watch one episode of The Oval. It makes B&B look like Masterpiece Theater. That being said, he obviously has an audience and makes a ton of money off of his low budget productions.

Edited by 1974mdp

• Members

It's been my experience that my fellow African-Americans will watch just about any film or TV series that features us because even terrible representation is better than no representation at all.

• Members

This is true and the lower production values are a factor too. But to actors that doesn't much matter and all they see is being given opportunities that the aren't offered by networks and that makes it easy for him to retain and hire actors.

Yes, especially among older viewers who were around when a few supporting Black characters on mostly White series were the only representation.

• Members

Yep, was about to post that. The Talk cancelled and ending in December. I'm guessing they're going to aim for The Gates to premiere either late 2024/early 2025. There's literally no reason for them to end The Talk earlier if they didn't have a plan for The Gates.