GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

He absolutely is. I remember him trying to make it soar with everyone from Kelly Sullivan to Jennifer Bransford and even KM lol, to say nothing of poor Megan Ward. (idk if he was ever committed to Kari Wuhrer.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Unfortunately for her, when she was free of GH other shows wanted her but they didn't do a good job at all of actually writing story for her characters there. The example of Diana Colville at DAYS is pitiful. Yes, they put her with John & she was a reporter, sure, but they didn't really write for her & then when she said she was leaving then they said to wait that they had this great idea for a story. She walked out the door.  

And in the case of Sexy Dexy be able to tolerate 7 different hairstyles in 2 weeks' time! That is a lot of extra time spent in the Hair & Makeup chair! 

Okay, if you say so, but you're gonna have to remind me what they were! Sorry but I do not remember this at all. And, my short term memory functions just fine. 

I would point out one thing. In GH fandom you always find Mo & Sonny's detractors but it is rare to find anything but a lovefest for Genie/Laura! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

CW a better actress than Vanessa? Wow.. 

or on 90210 and later Las Vegas… She showed a lot of range. No offense to CW (I liked her on GL) but no way is she better lol I highly disagree for the first time ever

Please register in order to view this content

But I’ll give it to CW to work with all the horrible stuff the writers threw at her lately… But Stafford will always be Nina to me

When Sonny learned about Nina‘s betrayal… The Cyrus attack… Sonny asking Dex to kill Cyru and if he‘s with him. That was the Sonny straight from the 2000‘s back in the show. I do think that some of his mumbling and tiredness has to do with the bipolar and his meds. 

• Members

Lol.  I remember when he talked crap about LV's Hannah like she was the problem.  Well, she was, but she was the reason the pairing tanked.  Then again with the Angel pairing.  It was the actress's fault as well.  I don't think he ever liked the Reese pairing.  I will say he was quite good with Megan Ward, but that's really the only pairing in the ballpark of his main pairings and that was 15 years ago.

• Members

I think CW is objectively the better actress overall.  Clearly I am a Vanessa fan and I think she's fantastic, but she relies a lot on charisma, charm, and star appeal along with fire chemistry with her co-stars.   VM is wonderful at playing Brenda, but CW would have slayed Brenda's breakdown scenes in 1997-98 and Vanessa did whatever she did.  They are both great, but CW just has a bit more range.  And to be honest, I always thought Vanessa just played slightly different versions of Brenda on every show/movie she was on.   That doesn't mean I don't love her or can't name 100 scenes that VM/Brenda did that were amazing.   I just think popularity, appeal and chemistry are different than actual acting skills.   Vanessa beats Cynthia is the former, but not the latter.

• Members

I always did.  It was just a colder, bitchier, less emotional Brenda.  And let's be honest, Las vegas stretched no one's acting range lol.  I do love the show and have seen every episode at least 3 times though.  Josh Duhamel was just peak dreamy back then.

I am really not trying to slam Vanessa, my most favorite actress on soaps of all time.  I just think I can see some of her limitations.  

I am not saying he was wrong.  He just did play the blame game for awhile on the love interests.  And I do agree about bringing Hannah in at the time was a huge mistake as well.  It was too much Brendaclone too soon.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

That's worthy of consideration. But, personally, I really like AdamH. I'm more interested in a recast for a 'somehow discovered to be alive' Spencer. Although I would stand up & cheer to have RKK back as Stavros! Speaking of male Cassadines ... 

Okay, so it wasn't great, elevated drama, still, they entertained me on a weekly basis & that counts! 

I do know what you mean though because I could always see Maura through Carly Tenney-Snyder but with Ava I do not see Maura.