GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think he cares enough to keep her gone for as long as possible, probably because of VM's personality rubbing him the wrong way allegedly but also because IMO he knows Brenda is much bigger than anything he has chosen to focus on on his show.

• Members

Probably.  I don't think VM is particularly eager to be back either.  Anyhow, it's a bit glaring when FV brings people like Lois and Jagger back who are very closely connected to her and frankly less relevant.  Not a diss to Rena/Lois, but she has very few connections to the canvas and Jagger has practically none.  Meanwhile you can stick Brenda in about 6 stories and it would work.  Whatever, it is what it is.  I am certainly not holding my breath for a return.

• Members

But then they would have to have story they wanted to tell with Jax, which they may not have. This recast John/Jagger is just a Fed. 

And, I've been using the fingers crossed emoji often! 

Please register in order to view this content

At one point the only reason I could tolerate Sonny was because he was with Brenda. 

• Members

What is happening at GH recently?  There's a record number of these miscast recasts.  I liked the actor in the first part of the episode, figured he was playing some aged character from 1980s GH when he bumped into Carly.  I even liked his interaction with Leo.  But then Anna ruined the character for me when she said "Jagger?"  This actor is too old and blond looking to be playing Jagger.  He'd be a decent recast for an aged Jax, but not Jagger.

This week has been terrible.  Having Spencer literally choke Esme like that was disgusting and I'm glad we're going to be getting a break from that character (who was wonderfully played as a child by that actor Laura was looking at in the picture frame today).  Laura & Kevin grieving was bittersweet.  I really hope Esme returns soon.  Nice to see Nicolas and Ace at the end of today's episode!

• Members

Adam J Harrington & Antonio Sabato Jr are the same age, 51. Esme deserved that choke out. She abducted Trina and there was blood on the deck of the boat. She  went there to inject them with drugs. Spencer was justified. 

• Members

Again, the problem with the Jagger recast is not his age.  It's not even the fact he's not as hot as ASJ.  The problem is that he is ethnically wrong for the part.  ASJ and AH are both technically white, but ASJ is much darker and Italian.  I don't believe Jagger is of any particular ethnicity as defined on the show, but it does seem a like it's whitewashing the character.  

• Members

I get what you are saying but I am glad since they recast they got an actor that can act

Iam gonna give him grace and see how he does. He may surprise us all and be a huge success. Time will tell.