GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

She won't ever be back. Not only for the reasons you state but also what she informed Frank about at the time of the wreck. Basically she lied by omission. She made no mention of the DUI or of her illegal blood alcohol content, or anything about the hit and run at all, and no details about the head-on. And what she said & didn't say is the reason there ever was a TempMolly. If Frank had known what he deserved to be informed of he would have put MarkT onto looking for a permanent Molly right then & there. Frank found out when TMZ broke the story 4 weeks later. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean does it really hurt to lose Molly ? A character that appeares in like 5-7 episodes in 3 months lol 

That character has always been so annoying. At first I thought it was cute coz she was a young girl with snarky remarks. But the older she got the less I couldn’t take her.. ugh

• Members

How many times did Michael Nader come back (not counting his eventual triumphant Prospect Park return)? Tyler to DAYS, despite the drama when he last left GH? Missy Reeves after the huge rift with Corday and lawsuit publicly dragging her name through the mud? And then there's Steve Burton, who was never blackballed for the Monavie pyramid scheme or for refusing to be vaccinated. I can name more and possibly a few as bad as Nader or Pullos. I won't be surprised if she returns someday is all. Daytime is like that.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Right?  HP made a huge, tragic mistake.  She's lucky she didn't kill herself or others.  But...she's 24.  I wouldn't write her off as a person for all time because of this.  We have no indication she was problematic to work with.   No one is excusing her actions, but daytime is full of people that have had similar issues.  If she takes care of her legal, physical, mental/addiction issues, etc I don't have a problem with her being re-hired.  She's not the first person to get in a DUI accident and hopefully she learns her lesson.  I personally couldn't care less about Molly, but I wouldn't be shocked if HP was hired back in a few years. 

• Members

I don't see much evidence to support those concerns.  They've already gone through the trouble of recasting twice.  There seems to be a focus on Alexis's family with the Gregory storyline.  And the surrogacy seems like it is going to be a long term plot.

I could see them getting rid of Molly three years from now, but that could be said for any character.  In the short term, there seems to be a commitment to the character and her family. 

• Members

As I said before, once Chavez has played a Menendez brother and is given accolades for that (for which I have no doubt, the kid is a good actor), he will never be back on soaps. Think Justin Hartley.

Besides, I think NAC is too big for his britches (literally, he's too tall for Trina! lol). His acting skills have already surpassed most young soap stars. He seems pretty full of himself so I don't see him coming back to soaps at all. Why would he?

I also imagine the Esme has other offers with her exploding popularity. I wish them well elsewhere.

• Members

Justin Hartley? Who literally came back to soaps for a multi-year contract after making it in primetime when money got tight, before landing This is Us?

Again, cite sources beyond 'I just don't like him'.

Edited by Vee