GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

They didn't even try to redress it! And Spencer and Trina didn't talk about the last time they were on a boat AT ALL.

I genuinely thought Spencer was going to say "I had the Haunted Star rebuilt for us!".

Donna, tell us more.

I feel physical pain for Brook Kerr. Here we have an actor so committed and earnest and giving a portrayal of a woman deeply devoted to a man who looks at her like she's an unattractive waitress at his favorite restaurant.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here we have Brooke Kerr, one of the most beautiful people on the show, in daytime, and also a talented nuanced actress who is given really difficult & awkward things to play & she's married to this guy who - because of his real life attitude - half of the time acts like a jerk about her being his scene partner. You see, he is one who has an exceptionally high opinion of himself & he thinks he rates a bigger star to be paired with. I think he really seriously thinks Genie is his "due". But, he might also be assuaged if they gave him Maura. I'm just guessing at who he would consider "good enough" to work opposite. He is one of the people where it's an open secret that they have 'tude. 

@Beachstorm

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Errol unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Members

An open secret you can see on his face every time he's onscreen! Brook does an exceptional job in an underwritten part, she add nuance and pathos that don't exist on the page, every day she makes so much out of so little. 

@Vee and I often joke that Donnell will only be happy when he's finally paired with one of the many blonde, white women on the show. As soon as Nina and Sonny broke up I'm sure he started panting.

• Members

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed the January 31st show (with the slight exception of Sonny/Ava, but even that had a nice set and some - gasp!- interesting lighting beyond the usual). Tracy/Carly/Brook Lynn/Maxie/Sasha and Olivia/Lois were fun, the Esme stuff was decent, and there's at least a lot of energy. It felt at times like classic soap. It's probably as decent as a soap today can be.

• Members

I like Taggert and would like him to have more of a role in things and play the romantic tension with his ex, but I'd probably bring Justus back from the dead in Witness Protection to shore up the Quartermaines as another patriarch, help restart the Wards, etc. and play Portia with him. It can be Joe Phillips (who I had such a crush on from both GH and Cosby, politics aside and who is only now beginning to barely show his age) or a younger, hotter model who is not Mfundo Morrison, I don't care!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Even with Michelle Stafford as Nina (never again) you could tell he was hoping for that pairing.

Please register in order to view this content

I am over back-from-the-dead storylines, but I concur, re: Justus. It's time to resurrect him as the beginning platform for returning to Ward family to the canvas. And while Maya may be a touchy subject, she could be another easy return. Plus, the return of Maya could bring more attention to the hospital and overtime, the return of Justus could also lead to the impending exit of Diane Miller. For Justus, if they wanted to re-age the role, what about someone like Peter Parros (ex-Ben, World Turns)? Parros worked with Gavin Houston (ex-Zeke), so that could also have some connection in-terms of storyline.

Or Lamman Rucker? Parros would be on-age with Phillips, and Rucker would be older than Morrison but also younger than Phillips. And both can still act their asses off, too. But the Wards need to be brought back. And, dare I say it... TJ Ashford easily could have been TJ Hardy Jnr, which would have [again] given Elizabeth some family connection to the canvas.

• Members

Lamman Rucker is so damn fine. And daytime still owes him for what they did to Marshall.

I gotta say Tabyana just cannot do heavy emotional scenes. I didn't get anything from her yesterday beyond mild upset. And I don't know if it's just how her mouth is shaped but it looks like she's always on the cusp of a smile when she's sad. At least she can cry on cue.