GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If only Jordan was being played by a stronger actress. Because I would Burt Ramsey Mr. Big her so fast. A twist to set all those characters in her circle into major story.

I would reveal that Cyrus is working for someone, have Jordan revealed as the person pulling the strings, surprising Cyrus that it was her all along just as she kills him. She’s been corrupt the whole time. And give at least 6 months to a year of her going after Sonny’s organization, including setting him against Selina Wu as a distraction. And watch her family explode as it starts to unravel for her.

• Members

... interesting to see the Krystal's set from All My Children being re-used for a third purpose on this set. First, Ryan's Bar in New York, then whatever set Anna & Valentin went to, and now Paris? At this point, plot it in Port Charles! Or bring on the Pine Valley set to Port Charles, LOL!

• Members

Jordan has always been shady. She came on shady as a double or triple agent who could not get out of cahoots with the Jeromes no matter what she did while constantly claiming 'deep down, I'm a cop!' It got to be ridiculous. So it wouldn't be a stretch.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Gregory said there was a Gofundme-type account going on for that Muldoon wife. Then he said there was a substantial contribution added to it just then. I'm guessing Tracy dropped a big ol' Quartermaine dime into that account for the Muldoon kids.

Just catching up, but noticed that even in Paris, the bars stock the world-famous Definit Vodka (as opposed to Absolut). Cracks me up as it's the same thing in the MC bar.

Could they at least card Trina when she is served alcohol? I know it's France so that's not really a thing, but the girl looks about 16. Yet there she sits, deciding between rose' and blanc vino. Please ask for her ID.

Had to laugh out loud at the Haunted Star set being dragged out and pretending to be on the Seine. Good lord.

Then Curtis joins in the trip to Paris? My God, this guy has so many scenes and so much time devoted to him and his wheelchair and his recovery and his surgery and his therapy...you get the picture. Now on the Q jet to France. I give up.

I used to love badass Curtis. He arguably had the very best facial hair in the business. But a couple of years ago I read that he had some rl tragedy. Since that time I noticed he was never the same on screen. Not sure what it was, but the man has lost the mojo and it was way before his paralysis.

And StephenAS. Omg, my opinion of this man got me banned elsewhere. Soap fans don't seem to know how he is on his sports shows, and I will not elaborate here other than to say his kiss-ass persona is real. As a huge sports fan, let me just say I am NOT a fan of SAS. He's cute as Brick, but that's about it.

• Members

I love how wealthy Tracy is & also that unlike the common picture of the very wealthy she is not at all hesitant to throw money at a problem! And one thing Tracy is, is effective with her dollars! 

Me, too! Immediately I began laughing. It's a shame they couldn't have done something to make it look even a tad different!

Meanwhile I & some other fans are just about fed up with Taggert being missing for 140 business days!

If he did indeed have a personal tragedy I have compassion for that. All I've ever heard about Donnel is about his attitude. 

Well, his attempt to flirt with hot stuff Jordan was laughable. He seems to do okay with Sonny & with Carly but he doesn't meet new people well at all. I know some fans just hate him & he simply does not provoke that much of anything to me. I rate him more in the 'meh' category. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
dadgummed typos

• Members

So thanks to the lovely storm we had out here on the west coast (with some tomorrow), I finally got to sit down to watch Bobbie's funeral episodes. 

My eyes, without question, stayed watered throughout. I even passed a few things because I would start to loss my composure. 

When news broke JZ had passed, I knew I was going to be a mess. I remembered Bobbie all the way back to when I was a little kid. And my mother really loved her soaps then. So when I was ever out of store, I always asked how her 'redhead' was doing. Long before I became an on-again/off-again soap viewer. And while I did not liked what Guza (or JFP) did to the character, it was nice since the 50th anniversary, that writers kept finding things for Bobbie to do. And I almost wished that I've been watching regularly when she mixed it up with Nelle. In any case, yeah, I knew this was going to hurt. 

I gasped as soon as Ryan Crane came into frame. He did such a great job. And he looked so haunted. And goodness knows that town needs Lucas around. And there was a line reading that he gave at the funeral when Carly came in after running into Liz that resonated with me so deeply that I went to crying.

I loved Laura's speech. I Loved Scott's and his reaction. I always liked him and Bobbie together because I felt she always saw him in a way that even Laura did not see sometimes. I wished Lucky was there as a pallbearer as well as Nik, but I had to suspend my belief a bit. 

And then the mini-adventure. I admit that I did not like it. At first. It felt out of place...only for the purpose to reveal itself as it went along. True that was something within Bobbie's character and she would do something like that. And the idea of Carly/Felicia together was inspired.

Also inspired was the set-up for the twist/reveal. The way Maxie kept getting a vibe from the reporter that she couldn't explain. I thought...was Bobbie writing a memoir? Then I thought did Bobbie have a whole other family no one knew about cuz redhead? I even thought the reporter was a stand-in for Bobbie. A spirit. Little did I know, that was BJ...all grown up. So...family for Bobbie...Yes.

I was not around for the original story...but have finally seen clips over the last few years. And even an on-again/off-again GH viewer knew the tale of BJ and Maxie's heart. It's on a lot of saddest (but well-written) GH stories list. A touchstone. Because it did shape Bobbie's life. Even Carly and Felicia's talk about when Carly came to town was a touchstone that shaped Bobbie's life. Which reminds me...there was a scene where LW had a look and an inflection in her voice that echoed SJB's Carly that really stood out for me. I just can't recall the scene at the moment, but LW did beautiful throughout the last few weeks. 

I thought it was clever the writers (on their way out) found the original BJ, brought the character back in spirit, and then a domino effect of Felicia, Maxie, and Lucas realizing who she was all at the same time. And KW's inflection on that phone call totally called back to that scene when she said BJ's heart. 

I also loved all the interview she got from other characters with flashback.

I definitely have loved over the last few years how Kelly's has appeared more because I have so many memories growing up of it and I love it is still in the Spencer family. So I am glad in a way it's going to be around a little while longer.

So...good job. IMHO.

• Members

Esme was great in these scenes. Spencer and Trina weren't. Spencer could have killed Esme but he believed the lies that Esme was spewing and allowed himself to be tied up. After Trina came to save Spencer and knocked Esme out, they were cowards and ran away without tying Esme up or locking the door. They also didn't take the syringe and Trina dropped the wrench. They let Esme get up and chase them.