GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

There are ways they could be helping her to dress he more in-line with character while maintaining comfort. I take the example of Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis) on Neighbours. She gained considerable weight following the birth of her son and, yet the character's fashion never suffered.  It's not the weight that's the problem. It's how she's styled or lack of styled that's the issue. Examples of what she could be wearing (and yes, Terese wears more than dresses):

Last time Storms wore something Maxie-esque was August 30:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Liberty City KS doesn't look healthy apart from her weight.  She looks tired and worn out.    I would not kill Maxie off.  I would just have her leave town for awhile.  Mostly because it would be stupid to kill off both FnF's children and I wouldn't want KW to have to play that either.  

I can take or leave Felicia.  I appreciate her more now than I did in the 90's.  I never was a huge fan.  I would absolutely keep her on the show though.   Maxie's traumas bring her down.  Felicia would be just fine without her.

• Members

So I finally got around to watch 1/15.

Nina trying to make Cyrus change his mind about dropping charges on Sonny and trying a deal on him… UGH. And I thought we were in the right direction with it but I know, I know.. People want Nina/Sonny.. I know.. Not me though.

Kristina/Sonny having such a sweet and touching father-daughter talk throughout the episode. I forgot for a minute that she was Alexis daughter and not Carly‘s lol

Spencer-Nik having a father-son talk was touching. I really have to say that I start to appericiate this recast and hope he stays on. I‘m digging him.

Esme not going to jail coz of Martin/Laura was great. Esme is so hot. She had such a glow up compared for a while. 

BUT OMG! Effin Ava! As much as I love Maura West since the Atwt days…. can Ava please shut up. Like for real? What a self righteous piece of… She acting like a saint and helping out Trina-Spencer etc. but bruh. I can’t take her anymore and her attitude. Who is she to talk like that? She is to blame Sonny shot AJ… She messed with Morgan‘s sanity and pills… She even tried to blackmail serial Killer Paul to get her brother Julian out of jail and would’ve let Paul kill much more. Like wth? The list goes on and yet she’s standing there and acting like what Esme did was worse than what she pulled. Gimme a break girl

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

AFAIC Maxie should be gone for three to five years, lol. Kirsten returning is optional to me. Michael is almost as played out and should be gone for at least a year or two as well (and recast).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Adamson was played out on soaps years ago. It was my idea to pair Maxie and Michael, but I had that idea a decade ago when both characters still had some life left to them. They don't now.

Same. But I'll allow it, for now.

• Members

Me, I still love Ava & I think she is the part Maura West was born to play. However, she's had a pretty bad patch of writing. I liked her scene with Nikolas & also with Trina & in between her scene with Cyrus. I don't know what to think about her bunking with Sonny. 

Just as I recently remarked about Marcy Walker, who was fabulous as Liza Colby on AMC but when she became Eden Capwell on Santa Barbara it was just like the world order was now fixed. 

• Members

Marcy was lucky to have lightened strike twice in two popular, yet very different roles - one being a teen b!tch and then playing the signature heroine. That’s a rarity - she was so popular as the mean girl on AMC, and then to move into the opposite role on SB and have it be your definitive role is no easy feat.  Beverlee McKinsey is another one - after being so popular as Iris, she went on to win a new generation of fans as Alexandra. That never happens. 

Unlike these two examples though, I’m not sure Maura or the Ava character has ever felt like more than just a short term role that’s been allowed to last for years to me. She just doesn’t have the same impact on the overall canvas for me to really care beyond Maura’s obvious talents. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Ava was only meant to be a five-and-under role, but once Maura West was hired they offered her a deal. I think the main problem is, and I speak this as much as possible without being a West die-hard, is that they lobotomized Ava too much once she left the mob. She never bowed down to men, and then boom she was cowering in fear of Sonny & Carly, etc. and it completely just ruined the character, and they've yet to drag her out of that.

• Members

Nah it’s just that her character has run its course.

I‘m a die hard fan of longevity in soaps and love Maura. But her character has caused so many havoc and is now told. What else can they do now? She kinda looks pathetic. Gets played by Laura and little Esme. Back in the day she would’ve ordered a hit or lashed out. Now all she does is moan and acting so hypocritical and self righteous which hurts that once great character. I even start to think that the reason why soaps aren’t getting any new people to tune is that we hold on to characters that should’ve gotten a rest. I mean Felicia was heavily used and left and returned as a Reccuring character before being put in front again and it works. Maybe this is what other characters needs to. A rest for a couple of years or months. 

But the nostalgic fans would never be fine with it to rest characters… the only reason those 4 soaps are still on air is because of the nostalgic fans. 

• Members

I would like to see Maura stay for a while longer, but it's been discussed at length before. The fact is it's ludicrous that Ava coexists with Sonny and others civilly after the shît she's done. It defangs the character. I would keep Ava for awhile at least, but I do think the character has an expiration date.