GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hell nah. But KS has been dead weight for years. I‘m currently on a rewatch to watch the missed episodes from back in the day and even in 2016 when she was skinny as heck she was dead weight with Nathan-Claudette.. For me it’s her acting and not her weight. Can’t speak for the others but her acting has been off for ages. She was one of my first childhood crushes and I even got to meet her In 2018.. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maxie has been through so many crazy and random stories which left her with three children from three different men. For me this is always a sign that a character has not much story left, until one of the kids grow up. She is a familiar face with a different vibe than most soap actresses her age and she would be just fine as a C character, someone like Amy Vining. She is not someone I see and think, she needs to go NOW. There other characters and actors for that in my list. 

• Members

I definitely don't hate Frank, although I think he has things he is good at & things he is not. He has an Emmy winning Casting Director & he should let MT do his own job all of the time. Frank should not give people jobs unless it's crew or staffr, not actors! And it's not that I am unfeeling about KS but I think she needs some tough love with support. 

• Members

Fans of Lexi Ainsworth only wanted a Kristina who was on once or twice a month and had no storyline. Kate Mansi is having the surrogacy storyline while romancing Blaze.  Lexi was excellent as Teen Kristina. Kate is better as early 30s Kristina.

• Members

Some of these posts are wild. I don’t want Valentini gone, and I don’t hate him. What I want is strong writers and for him to produce the hell out of their material instead of trying to control everything and derailing the writing.

I want the show to make decisions that are good for the show. That means people like Roger Howarth and Easton need to be gone. Their multiple characters experiment has been a failure here.

And Kristen Storms was very open on Maurice’s YouTube show about at least some of her medical issues. If she is also taking medication there is no telling how that is affecting her physiology. Her gaining weight has nothing to do with any complaints I have. She should be styled better. It’s a fact of life that some people weigh more. That doesn’t preclude them from being stylish. I think after all this time Maxie needs to be backburnered until they figure out a reset for her.

• Members

From what I can gather it seems to be KS's choice on her wardrobe.  Whether she's uncomfortable or insecure about more flattering items I am not sure, but the styling issue does seem to be her own.  I tend to think there is a larger medical issue here.  Whether it's medications or something else causing her to gain weight, I think she is a bit protected by FV because of the fear of a lawsuit.  And to be clear, the weight gain isn't my issue with KS.

• Members

I miss the fashionista Maxie !

Finn has been on the canvas for 8 years. Can’t believe people are still not over the various characters even though it’s been nearly a decade lol 

I love that we get more Kristina as Felicia. She deserves it to be front and center.

I always wanted Ron gone… FV has the right vision when it comes down how GH can survive in modern times. He really needs some strong writers even though not all was bad between 2012-2024… When it’s good it really is good but when it’s bad it really suffers. But I do think it’s more balanced since FV has been left in charge.. I think they should GH write and handle like Greys Anatomy. Which is a abc show too. There is a reason why it’s still running after 2 decades with a hospital theme. 

• Members

Here, I agree with you, point for point. 

I, too, saw her on Mo's show. It is very unlikely that they would change her status for fear of a lawsuit. However, they have her set with the smallest possible guarantee. 

And, I have spoken about KS & wardrobe. The thing I can tell you is a kind of rule of thumb. If 99% of a show are coiffed & dressed well & one person is not, guess what, it is something with that person & not with the support teams. In the case of KS, this rule of thumb does pertain. Apparently some of the stuff we see her in so much is her own personal clothes, comforting to her, when she is essentially refusing to wear the stylish clothes they have for her. One day, one single solitary day they got her out of the granny sweater & into a nice blazer & some stylish slacks & she looked fabulous! Unfortunately they cannot make this happen with any consistency. 

• Members

I respect your opinion on this and all things soap, but I just don't agree. Everyone can be replaced.... Everyone. If something happens to Frank tomorrow, another person will be in there to do that job, and it just doesn't make sense that there's no one who can do it as well.

Regardless, I'm not asking that Frank be replaced. I just question this whole "He's a miracle worker with a budget" mantra that we hear constantly.

• Members

Add me to the list of people who don't care about KS's weight, but about her wardrobe and styling. It's insane that she has control over these things.

The fact that she's so tortured about her clothes and look but STILL wants to be on national television is worthy itself of multiple therapy sessions. Instead, she gets to hold the show hostage -- another thing I will never understand.

GH would lose nothing by cutting the Maxie character. Storms' portrayal doesn't even make sense. She's not believable -- at all -- as a fashionista. She exudes nothing that says she'd be a romantic catch. As a mother, she doesn't bring any warmth or feeling to that role.

On top of that, GH has now given her an "I'm in financial crisis!" storyline that makes NO sense considering that she has a job and money coming in from Nathan's pension and elsewhere -- and that we've never seen her spending wildly on anything.