GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

that must be one steep curve. while hal’s memorial might have been ‘somewhat distasteful,’ blowing through nancy’s (and helen’s) in a single episode — no on-screen funeral, no returning family members — and only a couple of weeks before the show's final episode…

sorry — while gh’s effort may seem inadequate to some fans, it’s eons better than the insult ‘world turns fans had thrown in our faces. 

Edited by wonderwoman1951

• Members

I give Frank and Ron so much credit for this. All eyes were on them, the ABC soaps were on the brink of extension. They gave GH’s plum slot to Katie. Can’t you hear the execs in the room: go younger! go action! go fantasy!

…and they ran in the opposite direction. In time for the 50th we had back on contract and recurring: Laura, Scotty, Nikolas, Lucy, Kevin, AJ, Bobbie, Heather, Duke, Anna, Felicia…. and with most of these players figuring into the current cast still. 

At the peak of JFP’s reign of terror (killing Alan, Emily, Georgie in quick succession), I never thought we’d see 1/2 these cast members back. 

I hope episode 2 is my ugly cry day. Today there was barely a tear. 

• Members

Yesterday I did something weird. I was on YouTube when I saw the current episode, saying it was a full episode & it was hours before it would drop on Hulu so impulsively I watched it. but then I watched it again on Hulu. And, the YT had cut about 15 minutes out of the show! What a ripoff & also the proportions were wrong. 

• Members

I actually don’t mind the reporter/human trafficking arc, but it should be happening today. Yesterday should have been set solely at the funeral. We should  have seen every eulogy instead of just a montage of a few. Lucas should have had a much bigger part and as much as I hate them, Michael and Joss should have as well. 

It was almost like Days when they try to squeeze multiple episodes of drama into one. 

I remember lol I hadn’t even watched ATWT for that long and still I thought something was missing from that tribute.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Didn't expect to come here and find 90% of the comments bitching about flashbacks. Good lord. Go to youtube if you need flashbacks that bad. It's free.

I thought it was beautiful and tying Bobbie's final days into her past is, to me, smart writing. It gives her daughter Carly, a character I do not like but the show's female lead, and Felicia, her best friend, something to play other than grief. 

Jane and Lynn's grief felt palpable, I felt like they were going to break a few times. And Laura's eulogy was beautiful and after a certain point it was clear that Genie was no longer talking about Bobbie but Jackie.

And no, @Khan I don't think she'll be revealed to have been murdered. Come on!

• Members

Who exactly is up on the memorial wall at this point? How far back does it go in recent gratuitous deaths lol. Is Sabrina up there? I assume Kiki is. Is Leyla Mir on there? She died in the line of duty as a surgeon. Emily's on the wall, right?

I don't mind Bobbie being involved in helping women and girls in human trafficking. That suits her character IMO. What I don't love is the idea that Carly investigating it will lead to the return of Jason.

Edited by Vee

• Members

With all due respect, none of this is about ATWT or the Helen Wagner tribute. If that was so terrible, why use it as a bar that the JZ tribute needed to clear?

The fact is that GH has blown this Bobbie tribute. They had 8 months to prepare for this, and it feels like they did nothing for 7 of those months.

You cried because you miss Jaclyn Zeman -- not because of what was on the screen.

We should go to You Tube if we want clips of Bobbie? Huh??? Sorry, I have a completely different idea of what a tribute/memorial should be than you do. It's not "Create a new storyline for the dead woman's daughter."

Yes, the grief from Genie, Jane, and Lynn felt palpable. I mentioned that before: we felt the sadness of REAL people who loved a REAL human being. The writing didn't do it.

• Members

Excuse me?  wtf? You don't know me.  Don't assume you know what's in my heart and mind.

I cried because of what I saw on the screen.  

It didn't move you, I understand, we are all different and have different reactions to things.

But it totally moved me. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I think you meant extinction. It's interesting that we're celebrating 60 years when the show has almost been canceled 3 separate times. First Monty & Marland pulled the fat out of the fire, then Frons decided he was fond of Jill & Guza & now one day Frank & Ron just appeared & used the vets as they should be used! GH, Happy Anniversary!