GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As we all know GH was in production throughout the entirety of both strikes. Only the writers were not as they were picketing. All of the rest of the employees crossed the picket line. And I just bet that Frank began thinking about this within days of her death. Besides the major point of contention is flashbacks, expensive? or not? If something like flashbacks isn't in the budget, I think that's a fiscal problem! Frank's supposed to be great with the danged budget. Now it was Nathan Varni who said they weren't affordable but I'm not convinced he knows daytime! (Not entirely sure what he does know. Ruling out social media, communication, budgeting, ...) 

• Members

I agree that the *actors strike* was irrelevant.

But the context of my post was in reply to the ones before it.   I was replying to someone who said Jackie died months before the writers strike.  I was reminding them that Jackie died *after* the writers strike began (and suggesting that maybe they were confused by the timing of the actors strike). 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I believe what I actually said was that they (meaning the show) had had months to prepare for this. That is, if you're even thinking of what I said back up thread ... Could've been what someone else said. 

This is about to be a study in absurdity, I fear. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Quoting someone:
they (meaning the show) had had months to prepare for this.

Oh okay I had assumed the post was referring to the writers.  
Reading it differently as the *show* having had more time to prepare, hmmm. well.

I suppose Frank could have ( possibly?  in theory? )
worked on the memorial during the writers strike, I get what some are suggesting.

But I think there was a general assumption by some viewers that there would be ... an understanding that nothing would be written until after the writers strike ended.  It seemed to be a hands-off thing, nobody wanted it said that the Bobbie memorial was written by scabs. (Yes I know it's just an assumption, but anyways).

I suppose Frank *could have* obtained a variety of flashback clips *during* the writers strike, without writing/organizing anything. 
And then he *could have* had the clips ready to show to the union writers after the strike ended Sept. 27, to see if they wanted to use them.
(that is *if* Frank wanted to do that)

And I forgot about Varni, who knows what his interference may or may not have been.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Can anyone tell me who the woman with long dark hair on the memorial wall is? I just can’t get a good enough look at them. Their photo is almost directly above Bobbie’s now. When Laura was standing there yesterday I just couldn’t figure out who it was.

I saw Lila, Amy, Gail, etc but cannot figure out this one.