B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

When I saw Finn "working hard" looking at those papers, my reaction was, "Are you kidding me???  Finn is going to save Eric??"  What kind of a doctor is Finn exactly?  LOL.  I have no real opinion of Eric, but after what's happened with the showdown, and everything leading up to the party, Eric has to die....right?  I really thought this was going to be John McCook's sendoff and having Eric's last scenes be with Stephanie in heaven.   But I guess not?  That's very disappointing. 

• Members

If Eric dies, I hope it turns out his divorce from Sheila was never finalized and she ends up in control of everything. It would give her the upper hand against Steffy and would hopefully lead to the long-awaited showdown with Lauren (I’ve been waiting 18 years for it).

• Members

As a Sheila fan since the early 90s, I am so bored with how she is being used. Steffy is small potatoes compared to Sheila’s historic enemies Lauren and Stephanie. If they want the Finn story to continue, they need to add at least one of Sheila’s other children.

In addition, I want them to reveal who Pheila was since it obviously wasn’t Sheila or Sugar. Plus, I’d like them to retcon MAB’s material by having Daisy and Ryder revealed to be Sarah’s children with Sarah being revealed to not be Sheila’s sister. I know Bold shouldn’t have to clean up Y&R’s mess but the continuity discrepancies still annoy me. 

• Members

It should have happened in 2017 but better late than never. In fact, it should happen on Y&R but Griffith inexplicably hates Sheila and won’t bring her back for a crossover. My only hope is for Brad to bring back Lauren for a week and deal with it then. 

• Members

I so hope Finn can save Eric!  What a nail biter!  Gag. 

The problem with Sheila is that too much attention has been given to her and two shows have allowed themselves to be eaten by the character with no explanation and frankly - I no longer care about what Sheila did to anyone and I don’t care because all of the characters were written to be stupid. And I don’t know how we got to a place that people would think Kimberlin Brown was worth all of this.  

I don’t care about a Feelaya, Pheloa or a Sarah or Sugar or any of those people. If you’re going to write a story for two shows it can’t be 30 years later. The Sheila ship needed to be introduced to a good iceberg 15 years ago.  

• Members

Now this is something I will not stand by. Kimberlin is a soap LEGEND. When she was NOT on the show... pretty much every week someone would write something like... Bring Sheila back. This went for DECADES. The character was so missed and fantasized about.

P.S

I do not understand people bashing actors. I understand bashing or looking down on characters... but to say Kimberlin is not worth all of it is plain wrong. Sorry.

• Members

If I may interject, I think they're asking "is Kimberlin worth it?" not because of any unspoken political affiliation, but more so her ability as an actress... I mean, surely you've seen the squinty eye thing she does when trying to conjure up tears, yes? 

And at this point, with the Y&R/B&B history rewrites that don't make sense and her endless ability to reappear, she's the equivalent to Jason from Friday the 13th. 

• Members

It’s easy enough to fix the rewrites. I think my post is in this thread where I explained what could be done. It wouldn’t even need to be a story, just a few lines of dialogue. Swap out Sheila’s dialogue about Finn and replace it with dialogue addressing Pheila/the twins/Sarah. Bada bing, bada boom, fixed!

Has Steffy ever mentioned that Sheila’s daughter Diana is her aunt? In fact, was there ever any definitive proof that Diana was Massimo’s daughter or even Sheila’s daughter?