B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have a question about Sheila’s daughter Diana because I wasn’t watching then.

I heard she showed up with the baby strapped to her or something. From what I understand, Sheila hadn’t left the show pregnant. So is it possible Diana could be some random baby and not Sheila’s at all?

Heck, maybe Diana is Daisy. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ever since they made the massive mistake of having Sheila shoot Finn/Steffy, it feels like the show is constantly trying to do reboots ala 'The NEW Plan to SAVE DAYS!' How many whiplashes have we been through during the past 18 months?

Finn alive, Sheila *faking* her death, Ridge/Taylor, Thomas insta-reformed, Sheila/Bill, Taylor/Brooke, Bill/Ridge, Brooke dating, Thomas/Hope, Eric dying, etc.

All of these stories has come literally out of nowhere and every one has been a disorganized mess. The execution has been abysmal.

B&B has always been quick to abandon bad stories on a dime. Far faster than any modern soap. Historically, B&B has pivoted to something good enough to make you forget these bad stories, which, of course, are never mentioned again anyway.

The show is in a very bad place. Strangely the only story that's managed to work: Deacon/Sheila and that's probably based on KB/SK ability to sell it.

We need a Brooke scandal with Liam! Have Sheila discover via Diana that Mossimo altered the Ridge DNA test.

• Members

However much people might want to reverse Ridge's paternity that is not possible. Rick was involved with both Phoebe and Steffy and we also had Ridge and Bridget developing feelings for each other (thankfully that got cut very short), and undoing Ridge's paternity would have disastrous consequences with these stories in mind.....

• Members

Yeah, it's icky, but it was 15 years ago - Rick is off-canvas, probably never to return, Phoebe sadly was killed off.

The Ridge/Bridget thing was disgusting regardless because Ridge raised her as his own child for several years! But they went there anyway because B&B has always flirted with these types of familial taboos. Gosh, the way Brooke (Forrester/Marone), Taylor (Forrester/Marone), Eric (Logan), Bill (Logan), Steffy (Spencer) and Hope (Spencer) have climbed the different family trees is a B&B hallmark.

Ridge being Eric's son and his children being full Forresters far outweighs the Rick thing. In fact, it'd actually be an interesting story if Rick came back and Rick/Steffy had to work through what this awful lie did to them. Fortunately, no children were involved.

• Members

I think it's fine that Eric and Ridge consider each other father and son and don't mention his parentage, but it makes me roll my eyes when they make comments like "it's all in the genes" about RJ's drawings and the Marone branch hypocritically claiming Hope is not Douglas' "real mother" and that they are the "real Forresters."

Edited by BoldRestless

• Errol changed the title to B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread
  • Toups unpinned this topic