B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm not saying that Brooke hasn't done a lot of horrible things, but she's the only one who constantly gets dragged through the mud for these things. Some of which happened decades ago. And just to clarify things, she did not drive Macy to kill herself. They were in a car accident, provoked by Brooke's actions yes, but Macy didn't die.... Macy died years later off screen, after she had been hit by a chandelier. And what's also funny is how Brooke is the one who gets all the blame for the things you mentioned. I would think that the men ought to shoulder some of the blame.

And I stand by my opinion that people like Stephanie and Taylor get off way to easy. Especially Taylor. Brooke may have done some morally questionable things to say the least, but Taylor has repeatedly broken the law. She was driving drunk when she hit Darla with her car, she looked at Brooke's medical records without permission and revealed her pregnancy, and then she shot Bill.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought that was all bad at the time too, but I guess I am over it. Yes, it was disgusting and shocking. I started watching when she was pregnant with Bridget and I found it so gross, that she didn't know if her husband was the baby's father or grandfather. I was never a fan of Brooke. I could not even understand why anyone would fight over Ridge, but if they were, I felt that Taylor "deserved him" because she was a good and moral person, and Brooke was disgusting. I could even overlook her sleeping with James in the cabin. Taylor was classy and intelligent. I remember Brooke parading around in lingerie, putting a bed in her office, sneaking up on Ridge in the sauna, throwing her underwear in his face... and he was a married man with children. I thought it was despicable. I was appalled when she then went after Thorne. IIRC young Bridget walked in on them and puked into a plant. I understood Stephanie's rage and rooted for her even though she's no saint herself. And then she slept with Bridget's husband! She just couldn't help herself. No accountability.

I can't say I ever thought she was abusing the men though, seems to me they all slept with her willingly (although Eric and Ridge have both taken advantage of Brooke while she was impaired by alcohol and couldn't consent).

At this point though.. everyone else has done the same thing (bad writing - keep playing the same story over and over with different characters, so now it's nothing special). Taylor has been involved with Ridge, his father, both his brothers, Brooke's son (also her daughter's boyfriend), father, AND brother. Yeah it was bad when Brooke slept with Thorne, but Taylor also slept with Thorne after killing his wife while drunk driving and lying about it while planning to marry him. That's a whole other level of despicable.  And we are supposed to buy Taylor not only as reading the Bible, but being a missionary! And she and Steffy sit there judging the Logan sisters as if they haven't done all the same things. At this point the Logans seem quite normal and functional and not worse than anybody else. 

• Members

Yeah she did drive Macy to kill herself. Watch the scenes. Macy decided to crash since Brooke told HER THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN do about it. And then she realized she had lost Thorne. I think she attempted to kill Brooke and kill herself in that moment. That is how I perceive it. What THEY REWROTE years later is ANOTHER THING. Macy died in 2000. The re-wrote was STUPID. 

• Members

I think that's exaggerating a bit.  

Please register in order to view this content

As for the letter, I believe that Caroline found out about that and read the letter before she married Thorne, didn't she? So, even though what Brooke did was despicable, no argument there, Caroline had the facts and still went ahead and married Thorne.

It may have been stupid, but the re-write still happened and is part of the show's history. I do agree with you that Macy probably was trying to kill both herself and Brooke, but that doesn't change the fact that they both survived and Macy died years later. If she did die.... we don't know that for sure since it happened off screen.

• Members

Please. You understand what I am saying. In your way of thinking WE SHOULD NEVER criticize Taylor for killing someone BECAUSE in a year this SOMEONE MAY BE ALIVE. I am executing your argument to your previous statement.  

But... that's it for me. I am not beating that dead horse about Brooke on... Christmas. Let's all be marry and just have a laugh at all this bad writing in the show, OK.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

I've been watching Bold as a comedy for years and I have never taken anything serious in the last 20 years. Sometimes Bradley is so bad HE IS GOOD. I have to be honest... I kinda wish Brooke would sleep with Liam and then get pregnant or get and STD or something. I need Liam to be completely destroyed as a character, so he would be finally written off in a year or two. And we all know a way out of the show is through Brooke's lingerie. 

I need something scandalous and Hope and Thomas doesn't cut it. Something cheap for Christmas... and the new year. Bradley has lost his touch in the incest stories. 

• Members

Bradley should really invite Susan Lucci to play a new matriarch. This show lacks AN OLDER woman in power. Brooke, as much as she is not a little girl anymore, will forever be the siren for me. She is not a matriarch. We need a new older woman in charge in this show. We need someone Stephanie like.

• Members

I feel like Brooke has to sleep with Liam at some point to complete the circle. Thomas too. It was so funny when she slept with Oliver but Bradley didn't want to make her slutty again so he made it into a preposterous mistake, and then when Ridge found out he pretty much grunted "oh, Logan!!!" like it was a sitcom... which it was... and this is why Ridge has to be played by Ronn Moss!

• Members

Monday December 25:
B&B fully preempted, no rerun, nothing.
NFL football broadcast in USA and Canada.

- - - 

Friday, December 29:
In Canada and some U.S. timezones:
Repeat of Episode 9048, (Season 36, Episode 189)
original airdate of June 23, 2023
(One of the episodes filmed on location in Rome.
Brooke and Ridge reunite.
Liam sees Thomas and Hope kissing, so then Liam kisses Steffy.)

However, in some U.S. timezones, this rerun won't air,
due to CBS sports coverage of NCAA football (the Sun Bowl game).

Edited by janea4old