B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brooke used to be outrageously slutty for sleeping her way through the family but now that they've done that with every character (Taylor, Steffy, Donna, Katie, Eric, Bill, Ridge, Thorne, etc have all done it) she really doesn't seem that bad anymore. At least she hasn't killed anyone and is generally a pleasant person. She isn't sanctimonious either (just briefly with Amber and that was twenty years ago).

She ended up being one of the more moral characters on the show TBH. Not what I would have thought during the 90s!

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Sluts are easiest to redeem. She hasn't killed or even beaten up anyone. Pretty much all newer fans don't even know she has slept with an entire gene pool and got pregnant like... 6-7 times including her failed pregnancies. She has had more than 20 marriages. That is hardcore. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm liking seeing Zende more, and the actor is beautiful.

IF the show were smart, they'd have him leave Forrester and start his own scrappy fashion company, such as Spectra was in the past. I think a problem on the show right now is that mostly everybody is either rich or super successful. You need characters that are trying to claw their way up for contrast.

• Members

Thank you!

I find it interesting how Brooke is so reviled while other characters, who have done far worse than she has, receive nowhere near the same level of criticism. What does that say about people's views on sexuality vs violence for instance? Stephanie used to bully, beat and belittle anyone who dared to oppose her, and she put her whole family through agony when she went as far as faking a heart-attack just to get her own way. And Taylor shot an unarmed man from behind in cold blood. That is way worse than anything Brooke has ever done.

• Members

Because Stephanie wasn't a hypocrite.

Stephanie wouldn't have pulled out a Bible and started pretending that she was Shirley Temple. I mean, I love me some KKL, but Brooke is a SMH-piece-of-work WITHOUT a Bible. With a Bible, she's just another hilarious joke!

I hope to God the show was in on the joke, but I don't know that they were.

• Members

Brooke slept with her son in law, when she was married to Eric. She was then pregnant and didn't know if it was the father or the son. EW.

Brooke got pregnant by her son in law, her daughter's husband. I would say this breaks the disgusting meter. 

Brooke slept with her sister's husband and got pregnant. Now this is some kind of Maury show or Oprah show level of perversion.

She has no comparison in the show and there is no" thing about people's views on sexuality vs violence" here.  Brooke is a sexual predator and she isn't prejudiced or discriminated against. SHE IS VIOLENT in her own way and she destroyed lives.

She drove Macy to kill herself, taking away her husband.  I call this VIOLENT. This woman deserves criticism and anyone who thinks she does not is out of their mind. 

Now... what these other people did is something different and I think yeah... they deserved MORE criticism and backlash, but Taylor killing someone or Stephanie faking a heart attack don't make sleeping with your daughter and sister's husbands any less DISGUSTING and shocking.

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

It is because Brooke is a compilation of DISGUSTING shocking scandals YEAR AFTER YEAR. COMPILATION. It is not one thing, or two things. It is... every year... at least in the past. 

But that doesn't make me NOT love KKL. She will forever be my favorite actress AND WITHOUT the narcissistic and histrionic Brooke, Bold will not be Bold.

I myself think the most vile thing she ever did was JUST in the beginning, when she lied and manipulated Caroline who was just raped and vulnerable... hid the letter from Ridge and made her think Ridge doesn't want her anymore. She completely manipulated this relationship and in the end Caroline's life was in ruins.  This is the scene Caroline finally sees Brooke's real face.