B&B: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't hate Eric, but I guess I have nothing positive to say about him.  Playing "pickleball" with Donna behind Quinn's back didn't do the character any favors.  And this is just me, Eric always preferred Brooke through the years, over Taylor, for his waffler son.  More current, Eric is being selfish keeping his health from the family.  But I get it, it's the writing too.  I do acknowledge Eric/JM's place on the show, there will definitely be a void if he is leaving.

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Would I feel differently about Eric if he had abs? Uh....probably. Why? Because I'm shallow and at least it gives me SOMETHING to watch.

Eric isn't eye candy AND he's become a ridiculous character. I'm also tired of the rewriting of history -- all these people talking about his greatness and as if he never misstepped. Making it worse, we heard Eric trash Stephanie. SHE was the hard one to live with. This from the guy who cheated on her how many times???

• Members

Yeah but thats Eric you guys... He is there since day 1. Even for that we need to give more than ... just asking if he can just die already as some people here are saying. Yes he needs to be written off... I agree... since the character has played out well pass being interesting... BUT He needs to have a proper exit. JUST BECAUSE he is a symbol of BOLD. Like KKL... Like Susan... Like... even Ronn Moss... Thats 37 years this actor has given in his life. And some of the comments are really bothering me. I hope some day I will not read similar things about Brooke and may she just die already since she is no longer fresh. We will all grow old some day and some of you will have the great luck to be Erics age. I dont want to start a drama... I just want to say this thread is not just for abs pics... and fangirling... It could be about serious topics too. And Eric DESERVES a proper send off just BECAUSE... THIS. 

• Members

Yeah it so has to do with abs 

Please register in order to view this content

Eric is being written as unsympathetic and unlikeable and how he treated both Quinn and Carter was F8cking disgusting. and if Eric doesn't GAF about his health, why should we? I give no F8cks about him with bobble head bimbo Donna, all she does is enable his stupidity. If he was with Quinn or Stephanie they'd have hog tied his A$$ and taken him to the hospital

• Members

I believe everyone appreciates and recognizes the contributions JMcC has made to B&B.

That completely separate from pointing out that Eric is an awful character. He treated every single woman he was with terribly - a serial cheater, dismissive and thoughtless. This whole underlying narrative that Eric was wise, the epitome of class, etc. is a retcon because there's years of evidence to the contrary. My new favorite since I'm watching Season 8: Hours after Ridge was nearly killed by an explosion in *his* lab, he's giving Lauren Fenmore a private fashion show - flirting and witty banter included. Narcissist.

We can loathe Eric, but still recognize JMcC's work on the show.

• Members

I haven't seen the show since I posted in the November thread, but - what I mentioned is that - I feel like the reason you're seeing the ambivalence in general feelings toward Eric - I still feel, he was not developed.  We just don't care about the character all that much.  He was just always a philandering dress designing fashion house owner - and that's.....kind of it.  I've never felt sympathy for him.  I don't know why, but I'm confident we don't get the warm and fuzzies about Eric, because we just don't truly care about an underdeveloped character.

I'll go to other shows as examples.  The one I know best, which is - and always will be IMO on another level when it comes to developing characters.  And you can tell, because we adjusted to new actors or actresses in the role - because we loved the character(s).  

Alan Spaulding, Ed Bauer,  Can't imagine people screaming that they want them "gone" and just die already.  Played by numerous actors.  But the character was such a part of the show, it didn't necessarily matter who played them.  Yes, we had our favorites.  We didn't want the character dead and gone.  Blake.  Pretty much grew to love every actress because that character was born into a whopper of a situation and little Chrissy had to navigate having a strong anti-hero as a Dad with people constantly judging her.  And she embraced becoming the wild cat.  Dinah, almost ditto - we ended up growing to love the actress that stepped in because - what a character.  There are other examples on shows I didn't even watch. 

Alexandra - my opinion but I didn't dislike any actress that played her.  I loved every one of them. Beverlee McKinsey was the gold standard, but I didn't dislike when Marj Dusay played her nor even Joan Collins - she BROUGHT it in that short time in the role.  But we LOVED Alexandra as a character.

Another World and Vicky/Marley - played by different actresses but that character "had it together" to sustain it.  In support of what I'm saying - so legendary that I didn't even watch AW and I know this.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

It's part of what makes this episode so laughable. IT not only tries to rewrite history, but we see all these women Eric treated like crap -- while the show tries painting him as some saintly genius.

On top of that, we get this insistence on a frickin PARTY. LMAOOOOOOOOO Shouldn't that "final collection" and winning over Ridge been enough? This material is a laugh riot!

Side note: I loved Hope's new hair when she first got the new cut and style. Today, the hairdresser who hates her was put in charge of making Hope look 10 years older and like Jane Jetson.

• Members

At first I thought it was a tribute to Eric for being a whore with all the Logan women and the crazies like Sheila and Quinn.

Please register in order to view this content

I also noticed how awful Hope new hair looked. It reminded me of...

Edited by Soapsuds