Billy Miller Dead at 43

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awww SMG!

He and Liz Hendrickson must have dated. She sounds absolutely devastated.

If the quote from his manager is true, saying he suffered from manic depression.... wow. I feel like that energy sometimes came through in his performance as Billy Abbott, a character struggling with self-esteem issues which were medicated with alcohol. I feel so sad that Miller's own struggle with depression ended abruptly and so young. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I think we can imagine, given his own significant struggles. Just devastating all around.

I wonder if Billy Miller was ever on MB's State of Mind podcast. TBH I've always appreciated the actors telling their stories and journeys on that podcast. 

• Members

Like @Cat I sometimes noticed the manic energy in his performance as Billy on Y&R. Life imitating art. He was way too young to go. I hope he found the peace that eluded him. 

This year has been truly awful for the daytime community: Jackie Zeman, Andrea Evans, and now Billy Miller. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Absolutely heartbreaking news.    

When he joined Y&R, he was like a bolt of lightning across a sometimes desolate landscape.  So much infectious energy and mischief infused into each of his scenes.  (And yes, occasionally his energy level seemed almost manic, and now perhaps we can appreciate and understand why.)  

He was much admired by many longtime fans of the show; we've seen a plethora of Billys, but never anything like Billy Miller!  Also appreciated by his colleagues, as evidenced by his phenomenal three Emmy wins in six short years. 

A tremendously talented man, gone way too soon. 

As Horatio says, "Now cracks a noble heart.  Good night, sweet prince, and flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest."