Billy Miller Dead at 43

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shocking news. 

When I first came here Miller was one of the hot topics of conversation and burned brightly in that era of Y&R. Love or hate his work, there was always something to talk about. He was a very magnetic presence.  And when he went to GH he managed to win many fans over after the exit of Steve Burton, one of the biggest presences on that show over the last 30 years. 

I was so annoyed at the time with the Daytime Confidential and other soap press overhype of the Maria Bell run that I probably did not give Miller the credit I should have at times for his stint on Y&R. And I'm sorry for that, not that it mattered, as he will always define Billy Abbott to many fans.

I hope he is at peace and I'm thinking of all his friends and family right now.

So many losses in daytime this year.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Oh it's fine, I was a bit hesitant about asking if anyone knew anything, at that point it was just trickling out, so I was scared if I said something then an hour later it would be revealed he's fine and I would look like a POS for spreading rumors. 

Oh boy. I do wish they were just fake rumors 

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

My God. What a shock.

Billy Miller had a real volatile, magnetic energy when used well and written for properly - I remember his AMC stint as Richie Novak that first got him noticed and how compelling he was. Other shows like Y&R leaned too hard on bad story and bad ideas, but he was still a quality actor. His GH run was a total mess creatively but he gave the recast Jason (and later Drew, a stop-gap character the show clearly had little investment in) real soul for the first time in aeons and was so tender and kind both with Hudson West's Jake and with Leslie Charleson as Monica. He was also the last man to have serious chemistry with Kelly Monaco and the last to wake her up. I'll always remember those aspects of his performance; he deserved better from soaps than he got. What a tragedy.

• Members

Holy crap! This one is a shocker. His birthday was only the day before mine. So sad that, ironically, this is reported on what would have been his birthday!

I realize it's none of our business, but I do wonder how he died. Human nature, I suppose.

May he rest in peace!