Billy Miller Dead at 43

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am very sorry to hear this news. I have always really liked Billy Miller and enjoyed his work, going all the way back to his work as Richie on AMC. He was a talented actor and had chemistry with different female co-stars including some who struggled in other pairings. Kelly Monaco and Amelia Heinle brightened up in their pairings with him. I also remember having chemistry with Alexa Havins during his run on AMC and wondering what could have happened if she had stayed in that role/Richie hadn't been killed off. I remember Alexa saying he had a lot of talent and that she believed he would do well.

The last scenes of him as Richie/sparring with Annie/MCE on AMC are my favorite scenes of his. I loved the way they sparred about their relationship and family dynamic. It was very good work from him (and MCE too IMO).

May he Rest in Peace. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Wow this is a complete and total shock! With Miller being around my age well it reminds me of my own mortality. May he RIP indeed!

Well said Carl as this fits my sentiments as well. Definitely for myself I think Miller’s best work as Billy was that first year and he certainly was always memorable. Unfortunately the MAB/Sheffer/Hamner/Rauch crap just took its toll on everything and destroyed the show alive. 

I was actually surprised he didn’t return to Y&R as Billy at some point after leaving Y&R. Oddly I still remember a Jess Walton interview a few years back she mentioned she enjoyed working with Tom, Brown, Jenkins, and Thompson as Billy, but zero mention of Miller. I wonder what happened there. 

I feel bad his attempts to have an acting career outside of daytime never took off despite being gone every pilot season—his thankless roles on Ringer and Suits just went nowhere and I believe I last saw him on The Rookie in a guest spot a couple years back. 

• Members

This is unverified but a poster on my forum said that her local news reported that he had a massive stroke. I'm sure confirmation of that will show up if it is accurate. I know we all wonder what could have struck him down so cruelly at his age. 

May light perpetual shine upon him & give him grace. RIP much too young, Billy Miller. 

• Members

I saw Michael Fairman's Tweet and came right here. I remember him on AMC, Y&R and GH and it was clear what a charismatic, talented actor he was -- too good for Daytime some said at the time. I was always surprised he never hit it big in Primetime TBH. I remember seeing him in a tiny role in a movie with Bradley Cooper, American Sniper?, and hoping it might lead him to other roles.

He reinvented the role of Billy Abbott on Y&R and brought it into adulthood, and as @DRW50 said, it was MAB's reviled run at the show which perhaps prevented me from giving him his props on Y&R at the time. He later went to GH and greatly impressed me there. In recent years, did it seem like he had left acting and moved back to Texas, or did I imagine that?

I believe he and Kelly Monaco were in a longtime relationship-- she especially seemed very much in love with him. I hope she is OK right now, this must be devastating for her.

• Members

This is unbelievable!!

Please register in order to view this content

As many have said, love or hate him, I think he did some of his best work, and made some sense out MABs so called writing. Wayyyy too young and definitely not what I expected to hear this morning! 

RIP!