Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The character was definitely coded as gay, he's close to his mother, fascinated by jewelry, enjoys strapping guys to chairs, not married by 40, and, European (tee hee).

But, his prior flirtation with Billie and number of times that he's had sex with Gwen are definitely misleading.  I just hope that we are not being set up with a story of a straight man "pretending" to be gay in order to maintain his con.  Or, more regressive, a nefarious bisexual character who uses intimacy with either gender as a means to an end.  But, I wouldn't put anything past Jamey, whose knowledge of sexual liberation seems stuck in the first season of Queer Eye.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Peter Porte lied in his live chat with Michael Fairman. He said his two romantic interests were not Gwen nor Leo. Not good lying to your fans.

Dimitri and Leo have zero chemistry. Ron Carlivati is continuing to shove Leo and Gwen down our throats.

And Greg Rikaart is not aging well.

Greg has zero sex appeal.

• Members

My guess is that, at the time of Beyond Salem, they thought Dimitri was only a one time thing so it didn’t matter that a gay actor was playing, more or less, a straight guy. But I knew that was gonna change now that he’s full time: Ron probably hates straight for pay as much as he hates male bisexuality

Please register in order to view this content

Which is why I think Dimitri’s gonna end up being gay, not bi.

But idk about Dimitri’s taste though. He had the dream come true that is Andrew Shawn Donovan as his hostage but yet he wants Leo??

• Members

I definitely got the sense from the kiss, only sprung when he had no other choice to keep Leo quiet, was meant to show he's a predatory bisexual. (unlike Leo who is predatory but good and right...just because). If they decide to keep him around he will probably be gay, just not as sympathetic as Leo because he's Ron's forever pet.

Those two waxwork faces rubbing together made me think less of chemistry and more of some homophobic joke in Team America. I kept waiting for projectile vomit.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Dimitri could've easily done a million other things to keep Leo quiet but instead kisses him. Yeah right whatever. Leo freaking out about the kiss made even less sense. He has been eyeing and harassing Dimitri since day one. Today he's going through his underwear drawer and smelling them.  So the ending made zero sense just like everything on this supposed soap.

• Members

Maybe if Peter Porte was bi in real life

Please register in order to view this content

But I have a feeling that Limitri is gonna be the next big Days couple that’s shoved down our throats 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Unpopular opinion (maybe), but I hope Leo rejects Dimitri in an effort to maintain his friendship with Gwen.  I enjoy Leo and Gwen's banter, and even a suspected mother-killer needs at least one alliance.  Although I don't understand why Gwen and Xander can't just be friends, she got over her crush on him rather quickly and their office animosity seems unjustified. 

Edited by j swift