Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was such a weird arc for the story.  Sami, Roman, and Kate each voice their opposition to Sloan, now that she's pregnant, and it's too late, then suddenly Kate recalls that she encouraged Sloan and Eric to date, and so it is resolved.  

There are so many holes in the Sloan DNA doctoring plot: (a) the original report is still on the computer network, (b) the nurse would recognize that Sloan asked for the report, and (c) the doctor is going to review the results at their next visit. But, once again, my biggest gripe is Nicole's convenient oblivion.   Sloan suddenly appears with the results, and Nicole just accepts her story as if she hasn't been suspicious of Sloan's behavior for the past three months.  I also find it odd that less than a year ago, Nicole encouraged Jada to have an abortion because her relationship with Eric was new, but she has noted none of the same concerns about Sloan, and nobody seems to recall Jada's abortion.  

I guess I am fine with absurd plot holes, but I expect the characters that we've known for more than twenty years to respond in ways that are consistent with their nature.

Edited by j swift

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

I’m almost done with June so hopefully I can zip through July. I believe I saw a post that Megan is gone already and that blows to me. I thought she was great as Stefano’s heir since Tony is good. I also love the DiMera family even if I barely consider Stefan a DiMera since he never even met Stefano. At least all the other kids actually have history with Stefano including Chad who was a retcon child of Stefano’s like Stefan.

• Errol unfeatured this topic