Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I vehemently disagree with that. Deidre Hall gets attention in Soapland every time she speaks. What she says matters, and people trust her. I'm not suggesting she call Alarr a POS, but that she at least acknowledge the report, the charges, and the people who have been hurt for YEARS. None of this changes if everyone stays quiet.

I realize it's not their job, Caroline. I'm not suggesting an actor just hired go public with a scorching statement against Alarr. I'm talking about big names like Hall and Drake Hogestyn and Maggie Rogers, among others.

Pretty dicey? Everything is a gamble, and this seems like the time and place to take one. Besides, it's highly doubtful Alarr could get away with retribution after all that's come out about him.

Trust me, unless cast and crew also ban together to fight this, it's going nowhere.

• Members

Also, let's not forget that four longtime cast members were quoted in the Deadline story, so they've done their part to make this story public.  I mean, someone leaked it from inside the production.

I think you risk veering into the territory of victim shaming when you emphasize that actors are responsible for voicing their displeasure in a public forum, which I am certain is not your motivation, but it should be a consideration.

Edited by j swift

• Webmaster

Not true. The show does not currently employ Peter and contract terms do not bind him. Current cast members are, however, bound by their contracts and could have been instructed to keep quiet or else face retaliation or termination.

• Members

A few others have pointed out my major issues of concern @ranger1rg.  Contracts, gag orders, etc.  @j swiftpointed out this could veer into victim shaming if Deidre or whoever doesn't come forward publicly.  We have no idea what they did privately nor do we know how Alarr personally victimized them.  If someone would like to come forward with a statement that is their choice.  It's also someone's choice not to as the cast and crew were the victims.   People like Lisa Rinna and Peter Reckell can make statements without any fear of repercussions.  

@ranger1rg I know you are trying to advocate for the victims and think someone like Deidre would make a difference, but I think this is a much more complicated and nuanced situation then just a cast and crew banding together to solve it.  

Anyway, I have mostly stayed out of this discussion except for that one post you quoted that was mostly about today's episode actually.  I don't pretend to have the answers about this and I am just sad for everyone at Days that had to put up with that for years. 

• Members

Not much happened today but I didn’t think today was a bad episode

I did like the Carver family scenes. It’s been done a lot before with other families on Days but I also enjoy that family dynamic. We’ll miss you, Lani. Hope to see you soon!

As for Gwen, I really hope she isn’t this dumb but I’m afraid that she’s going to be. It would be really nice if it turns out that she already knows about Dimitri/Leo and gets back at them somehow.

And Leo is trash. Dimitri/PP is very hot and very good at seduction but Leo is still trash. Just like with another piece of trash over at GH, the selfish actions will always speak louder than the words. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

"I suppose it would be a shame to let all this gratuitous nudity go to waste."  Just a great line.

Kayla's speech to Theo about being a good person, great dialogue. 

Then, Lani's speech of farewell to Abe, excellent dialogue. 

Thank you, Kirk for good words today. 

Gwen/Leo, Gwen/Dmitri & Dimitri/Leo & all 3, hokey but also totally soapy. They say as fans we will accept things that don't make sense if they are "soapy" enough. I think this fits that bill. 

With Abe they're symbolically building his family. Should be an excellent dramatic ride. 

When the end credits rolled I flinched when *his* name came up.