Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

But then she flip flopped again (I can't remember why) and was screaming at John when he had his aneurism.   It the same with her rivalry with Belle which never existed until it suddenly did with Ron lol.  I think John and Sami are in an okay place, but she was naming her child after him several years ago and I don't think they are back to that place.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, John was dead at the time.   So I do get that.  I just remember John/Sami truly burying the hatchet before J&M's 1999 wedding with several good scenes and it goes from one end to the other.   Sami/Stan getting John hooked on drugs being the other end ha ha. 

I can't remember if the aneurysm story was resolved.  I think John just stopped having those rage attacks at some point?

• Members

Finally, finished today's episode - exciting finale, but a bit frustrating

Why would the marshal's first assumption be that Lani was using drugs?

I know this episode was filmed last winter, but why is Rafe wearing a jacket while Whitley hauls out her deadly space heater in July?

I give it a 6/10

Edited by j swift

• Members

I just felt like it was too much for Alex, when it comes to writing. Instead of having fans start coming around to him gradually, Ron and co. just shoved him down our throats. And in my experience, a lot of soap fans don’t like that. I know I don’t lol it makes me want to do the exact opposite.

And, agreed with what @Michael said about the rewrite of his connection to Adrienne and the Johnsons. Up until this point, for all intents and purposes, Alex was raised as Adrienne’s son. And he and Stephanie would have been raised as cousins. In 2017, Angelica said that he didn’t even speak to her.

I also think it’s fair to ask, would Alex have been shoved down our throats like this if it had been anyone but RSW playing the role? 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Again, with Nicole’s hairstyle

Please register in order to view this content

This Brady/Kristen stuff is still stupid. Why would Kristen back up her demon spawn’s statement? Wouldn’t that open herself to investigation or implicate herself? It’s time they move onto something else in this story.

I did like the Sloan/Trask scenes today The two of them (and Jada too) really need someone to talk to and I hope they continue to have that with each other. Tripp/Wendy mentoring Li was nice too. 

I’m also intrigued by the EJ’s DNA arc of that storyline. This could go in so many different directions and I hope it isn’t squandered. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Do you think there was a reason the writing of EJ Dimera on the bag was smudged or was that a prop mistake?  Lol can't be too sure with the budget.

Also, what kind of matchmaker sets up the same people two days in row by mistake?  

Do we think this is happening concurrently to the Abe/Lani/Whitley stuff?  Or is it a different day?  Because Belle, Eric, and Brady don't seem to care Marlena almost died because of a nutty patient and Nicole didn't seem to know Abe was alive.

• Members

I'm a few days late to the discussion, but I was always under the assumption that the Brady Pub was very close to the pier. So close that sometimes you would even hear that random bell chime outside the pub that you would also hear as background noise on the pier. 

Is the Brady Pub supposed to be on the same lot where the Fish Market was? 

Meanwhile, the Cheatin' Heart used to be in the sleazy part of town, but in the last 15 years of its constant turnover in restaurants (A coffee shop, Club TBD, Julie's newest restaurant that looks like a breakfast joint for seniors), the area seems to have been gentrified. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Are there dating apps that exist without pictures these days 

Yes, the fish market got destroyed somehow (I want to say something to do with the Torres crime family) and John had it rebuilt into Shawn's dream of a pub making Roman mad.

• Members

I think that was Victor’s doing. When he first came to Salem, he started buying up all the property on the riverfront. Almost put the fish market out of business

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I know Paulina was convinced not to bulldoze the square, but does she still own an interest in the property there.  If so, that new police commissioner was awfully dumb to talk crap about Paulina and Chanel.  I know she's in crisis, but Price Town seems to run itself.  I mean, Maggie works twice as hard as a business owner.