Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

So, June ended with a bang… or four 

Some were hot and some were not. And some made us wish that Jada was still in Eric’s orbit

Please register in order to view this content

Unfortunately, it appears that none of that helped at all in June, when so much of the good scenes and good storylines were overshadowed by stupid crap and stupid decisions. And stuff that we’ve seen God only knows how many times in the last six years. And with the hint of bad news on the way, who knows what’s going to be in store for us Days fans? Not only for this month, but for the rest of 2023 as well. 

Best way to find out is to watch and see

DISCUSS!

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm intrigued at how they'll rehabilitate Harris?  He has plausible deniability, but how often can a guy blame being brainwashed, especially when he underwent brain surgery to get rid of the prior suggestions?

As much I don't care for the actor, (or any of the controversies that surround him), I liked him as a friend for Patch and a potential romantic spoiler for Kate (who has a sadistic number of commitment issues to work through).  He needs a job, a romantic partner, and a place to sleep before he goes around shooting more people. 

Harris, Whitley, Megan, and Dimitri feel disposable, and I may not recall that they lived in Salem by the time Julie puts up the tree in the Horton living room. 

• Members

Thankfully, there were more smart people than dumb people in today’s episode. EJ and Kristen immediately knew that Megan drugged them. Chad immediately knew that Harris was brainwashed. Can’t say for Rafe though, but I kind of expected that

All in all, it was a good episode today. The Eric/Nicole angst is always good to see. I love how, deep down, they want to be together but so many circumstances are keeping them apart.

As for the engagement party stuff, I’d probably find it a lot more compelling if it hadn’t been done to death already. 

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Nothing about Leo?

I started watching and Leo is talking about sex rooms and bondage. Seriously Leo is a big joke. He has no business in these stories or show. This character is the worst in soap history.

Oh and now calling EJ handsome.

Back to Wimbledon which also has started like a train wreck.

I'll finish Days later...maybe.

• Members

Do Steve Burton and BB still have that cover band together with Spinelli?  That was all I could think about during the Harris/Stefan scenes lol.  That probably doesn't speak highly of the show.  I will say the extras in the background during the engagement party scenes were really giving their all though.

The Nicole/Eric scenes were good, but they always are.

• Members

"My nose leads me to bondage dungeons." - Leo

"Unless you want to commit to your nom de plume 'Lady' UNTIE US!" - Kristen

"Not helping Gwen!" - Gabi

Today Harris Michaels = Jason

Loved Gabi's heroism, gonna miss her. Also gonna miss Megan. Party guests looked great! Especially Gabi & Megan. Elsewhere Nicole looked great. Shout out to Richard Bloore!

Rafe arrested Li! Gosh I wonder if this could be a way to get free of this actor! I can hope.

Overall not a bad day. This was a 37 min. day & they repeated quite a bit from the beginning of the party & Megan's speech on family, so if they hadn't, it would have been one of the shorter episodes. At least Stephanie was mute! Last week she had the social skills of a squirrel.

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
spacing

• Members

I despise Leo with red-hot passion. There are so many ways to write his character as a real, authentic, and funny gay guy. Instead, we get a caricature and a cringeworthy joke. It's stunning and sickening that a gay head writer thinks this shyt is clever and hilarious and so 2023.

• Members

Leo is my favorite character on Days. Unpopular opinion on here but I don't care. He cracks me up. They keep him on the show for a reason. Leo must test well in research groups because they obviously spend alot of time writing his one liners. My husband doesn't watch Days but he knows that I watch it and he asks "was Leo on today". He loves the Leo scenes. To each their own.

• Members

There are days when I do find Leo funny.  It's rare, but there are occasions when he doesn't bother me.  I actually think his friendship with Gwen is kind of sweet.  It's a shame it's the only friendship we see on the show and it is wasted on them, but I do think it's one of the few things about Leo that seems real. 

• Members

I appreciate Leo as a comical side character, just as I appreciate @TEdgeofNight willingness to say an unpopular opinion in order to spark a discussion.  DAYS has a long history of comedic parts who often say what the audience is thinking.  Calliope, JJ (the nanny, not Jack's son), and Howie are all examples of funny people created by a variety of head writers.    In terms of the negativity of stereotypes, I think that is in the heart of the viewer, not the performer.  As a gay fan of DAYS, I am not offended by showing a gay man using humor to disarm aggression, unfortunately that is a skill that many of us have had to weaponize.

On the other hand, Gwen, to me, is just underdeveloped.  It seems odd that the same woman who killed Laura is also a pushover for love and romance.  I need that conflict to be discussed.  One assumes that she is both enraged by abandonment and drawn to immediate attachments with anyone who gives her a second look.  But, I need some dialogue to discuss this pattern in order to believe that I'm not just making it up to try to explain her bizarre history.

Also, I find both actors charming, which goes a long way to overlooking the flaws in the characterization. 

Edited by j swift