Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you. As you probably know Jamey is a darling to many on #SoapTwitter. I like the fact that he does in-jokes & drops in references to other soaps. I like the fact that he admires Irna to a huge degree, quotes her & writes like she did (And Bill & Agnes did) where he talks it all out using different character voices before he types it. And, after those two things I just can't figure how he got hired. Apparently you've known all this time! 

• Members

See? I knew a straight girl like Talia had feelings for Chanel when she saw her in a Forever 21 dress as she walked into Small Bar. I knew it. Weirdly, Talia is serving her community service so quickly, while Kate still hasn't even lifted a finger to do hers. Just because Kate is a white girl, had some sickly virus, and was comatose for several months does not give her a pass. Bitch still needs to do her community service. Do you know what I'm saying? Mmmm-hmm.

The fireworks were so explosive for the 4th this year in Salem. It felt like I was watching them on television, all bored and alone with a box of stale Fiddle Faddle and no friends to celebrate the holiday with. Instead, I'm in the recliner, flipping the remote with my feline companion, Mr. Mittens. Only this sneaky little bastard wants cat nip, so he's pretending to be my companion. I know his little deviant ways.

I don't know what's so great about Sweet Bits. Was Chanel paying Talia a salary? If it was a wage, then, girl, it's time to move on, unless making bear claws is a way to be back in Paulina's sweet graces. That woman can scarf down some bear claws, let me tell you. Other than that, it was a ho-hum episode of DAYS, and I hope Abe will not be struck with a blunt object on the back of his head again because he's already endured a baseball bat and a rolling pen so far within a year. One more of these instances will lead Abe to suffer severe brain damage.

• Members

So, Megan’s gone? Just like that? 

I’m sure she’ll be back soon but I still don’t get it. I really hope we find out what’s going on behind the scenes and who’s making all these stupid decisions. Not only for this, but for Bo and Hope’s disappearance as well. 

She really should be on the canvas full time, especially now because Dimitri’s story is starting to pick up. The two of them were good today and I was hoping that their mother-son dynamic would be explored more. Both now and when it’s revealed what I still think is going to be revealed about Dimitri in the future. 

• Members

Yeah, I've become "weary" of how villainesses are portrayed in soaps nowadays. My gut says not to become too attached, as they'll be gone in a puff or poof of an instant. Who knows? Maybe Jan's coming back with a bag of poisonous cheeseburgers . 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I guess Steve Burton isn't concerned about getting typecast as a mindless goon who is easily manipulated into becoming a contract killer.  Someone should tell him that it is not a compliment to his talent that he keeps getting parts as an emotionally detached guy recovering from brain surgery.    

When Marlena's hypnotic abilities become a magical healing power?  She's like the good-Rolf, without the need for all that equipment.

Speaking of equipment, is anyone going to investigate how Li got a hold of plutonium for Rolf?  Certainly, that's a crime in and of itself.

When did Kristin decide to wear black leather every day, in the summer?

Speaking of fetishes, DAYS has a thing with handcuffing people to beds.

Edited by j swift

• Members

One of the biggest problems with DAYS is the constant in-and-out of major characters

It reeks of money problems, it reeks of writer ADHD, it reeks of treating actors horribly, it reeks of "Let's do something soaps have never done."

I cannot get used to it, and I never will.

• Members

It’s stupid.

If they’re so cash strapped, wouldn’t it make more sense to invest in the actors and characters that you already have instead of cycling more people in and out? 

For a while, I even thought that if they were keeping Megan around, maybe that was the reason why the Bo and Hope story was botched, but my suspicions were clearly wrong lol

Edited by AbcNbc247