Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This Week was Surprisingly entertaining overall! Ron accidentally gave me a Birthday gift! Anyways, I know it is an unpopular opinion but I am kinda Sad over Megan Leaving!

Nicely Done! The fact these two were briefly close, Considering how similar their stories were!

• Members

I wonder if we'll get Dimitri's backstory now that Megan is gone?

One imagines Leo will finally stop exploring the tunnels (where Dimitri has never been), and at least Google the Von Leushners?  I am interested to know if/when we'll find out who are his parents.

I'm always fascinated by the ages on DAYS, just because time moves so weirdly.  We know Dimitri is almost 40, and given that Gwen is older than Abigail, she could be in her mid30's.  But, does this make them significantly older than Chad?  Is he older than EJ?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Aren't The Von Leuchners Frankie and Carly's Family??? Interesting How Dimitri is basically older than the actor, Who turned 39 on March, Dimitri is obviously less than 6 months away from his 40th Birthday! It would make more sense making it 35 then

Gwen Is About 3 years Older Than Abby so she is around 35, or at least her original backstory said that, check it out:

• Members

Well boys and girls, do we know Ron Carlivati’s style or what?

Please register in order to view this content

Aside from all that being obvious, it’s also pretty obvious that poor Dimitri has no taste whatsoever. I still think this could be a good story if it’s not treated like some cringey, campy joke. Too bad Megan’s not around anymore. Her perspective would have been nice to see. 

Speaking of cringey camp, wtf with those Kate/Gabi scenes today? They could have been so much better than what they were. 

And speaking of something that could be better, I enjoyed Shawn’s scenes today. Mainly because other people were involved in them. Roman and even like Rafe and Jada should be a part of that storyline more. There’s no reason why Shawn and Belle have to be in a bubble. If Martha’s not available that much, that could be a way to feature this storyline more. It should be frontburner. 

• Members

"So, you want to get married in a screen saver?" - Dimitri to Gwen

As I watched Leo rifle through things in Dimitri's room, I thought not for the first time that he is an excellent character actor by his handling of props & objects. He's just one of many "Actors I love who play characters I hate".

I did not see the ending coming. 

Agreed about Shawn & this story for him.

• Members

The makeup department is doing the most when it comes to making Shawn's eyes look bloodshot and drunk.  Meanwhile, the hair department is doing the least when it comes to Nicole and that ponytail.

The Von Leushners make no sense whatsoever.  Why would they randomly choose Dimitri's 40th birthday as the date for him to be married?  And, why would they write it down for Leo to find?  BTW, in the US these types of codicils where people have to be married or have a baby to inherit property aren't legal, but I guess the will was written in the mythical land of Soap-Europa, where every small town business has a foreign office. 

Also, Lani's been let out jail to go to the funeral, but she's been everywhere but the memorial this week.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I knew it the second I heard Peter Porte was coming back. There was no way that Ron was gonna have an openly gay actor be straight for pay long term 

Agreed that ponytails are not a good look for Nicole. But I did think that today’s style was better than that style that made her look like Ariana Grande

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Dimitri's father is someone we've never met or previously heard of named Oscar Von Leuschner. Megan said it in dialogue a few weeks ago. We have no idea how the broader family tree lays out, but presumably this Oscar is the brother of Carly and Frankie's father.

The Von Leuschners and Alamains aren't related. They said something in the first Beyond Salem about how the Alamainian Peacock originally belonged to the Von Leuschners and was supposed to be part of Carly's dowry when she married Lawrence, so that's why Dimitri wanted it back. Nicholas Alamain is both an Alamain (through his father, Lawrence) and a Von Leuschner (through his mother, Carly), though -- he's the sole link between the two families.

• Members

Nicole's ponytail looked better than Gwen's stringy ponytail, but Nicole consistently does have bad hair.

What was Stefan doing while Gabi was with Megan?

I am glad Roman got a point of view in Abe's death.  Even though it's JT I did think Roman's reaction was missing from this. 

The Shawn/Belle stuff continues to mostly play off screen and has the least amount of time even when they do appear, but it's the most interesting.

40 does seem a really odd or old age to require Dmitri to be married by.  Most men are married at least once by 40.  It seems like a really low bar to achieve.