General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

“I’m Carly Spencer.”

Wow, when did we get this name change? She has always kept the Corinthos name no matter the divorces. And before that, she was Carly Roberts right?

I loved the Bobbie Spencer flashbacks. The only thing that sucked was the music. Every scene they featured was dramatic and heartfelt, I wish the music played to those cues. Instead it was general, apple movie music. Why drop the ball. These were east tears to claim. The hardest part was the clip selection, and they knocked it out of the park. 

I also loved Sonny to the rescue with Lucy. It’s rare that he gets to play into Lucy’s humour, so the juxtaposition was perfect. I guess we will get Lucy in her underwear as we deserve…

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am pretty sure Carly changed it on her Eat, Pray, Love journey to Jacksonville a while back.  It was mentioned on screen for sure.  She did originally go by Carly Roberts when she came to town. 

I have always liked the Sonny/Lucy friendship too.  Lucy does well with male friendships.  I liked her/Luke too.

• Members

I hate how inconsistent Hulu is with uploading GH timely.  There's no reason it shouldn't be available on Hulu by the time it airs on ABC for the west coast, anyways.

And, yeah, that random lawyer-turned-singer getting so much of her life story told with Carly fangirling her was ridiculous.  I wonder if that singer just has someone on the show she's connected to doing her a favor or something.  Otherwise, they could have at least gotten Angie Stone, Erykah Badu or, heck, even some of the new girls like Muni Long or SZA on there to promote their new albums.  They should have had Latto up there sing-rapping "bad chick, I could be your fantasy...big, big energy" with the Magic Wands dancing.

Please register in order to view this content

Josh Kelly (Cody) has been getting too much sun.  His skin will not age well if he keeps doing that (or was it just bronzer?).  I wish they'd give him better stories instead of letting him languish in the background.

• Members

I am on the West Coast and don't usually watch the uploads on daily basis (more a few at a time), but wanted to watch GH yesterday and I don't even think it was up by midnight last night and sometimes it's up at 4 pm lol.   Today it was up pretty timely.  I don't know the schedule hulu tries to follow, but I have never noticed an issue until yesterday. 

The random lawyer turned singer did have a lovely voice, but I had no idea if she was connected to the show or they just found her or if she was somehow famous in some way I wasn't aware of.   It was such a strange waste of like 10 minutes of an episode.

GH can't afford a stage so I doubt they could afford a "name".  Maybe beg Ricky Martin for a favor lol?

• Members

IIRC she changed her last name as a tribute to Bobbie's family of origin last fall after her whole adventure with her adoptive mother's ashes when she found her true self on the beach with Drew, and then promptly regressed within weeks

Edited by j swift

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

I still can't pick 

Please register in order to view this content

But I get what you mean about Yuri. All the other guys came out all shaved and primped up looking like pretty boys, while Yuri came out looking like a real man 

Edited by AbcNbc247