General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Willow needs to go the way of Dominique Taub, Kristina Carter Cassadine, and Lily Corinthos... meaning they play better in death than when they were alive. All three characters were insignificant footnotes in the history of Port Charles until their deaths. Not to any of their own faults, they were poorly planned characters with boring/interchangeable personalities.

Now they are invoked as being "gone to soon" or the "heart of the family." Let Willow go this way. We'll get a ghostly appearance once every 10 years. The actress and the character are not interesting enough to be part of the Quartermaine legacy. Let's get over this hump fast!

There is no greater 60 year cameo I am dreaming of than Rena Sofer as Lois. Give her 3 months to be back at odds with Tracy, Ned, and Olivia. That history is deep and so rich. Your best friend growing-up is now the woman of the manor, in the family that you rejected and did everything you could to protect your daughter from. We have been waiting for this story for decades, finally seeing the Bensonhurst girls onscreen and at odds.

This will also give the opportunity for Brooklyn and her portrayer to up her game. I think once she sees Lois in her element, she will understand the legacy and the personality she needs to bring to her role. We know Amanda Setton is a capable actress, we have seen her in enough shows. I think Rena can pull out the personality and the umpf that we need.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Linc should have been murdered, Brooklyn is standing over the body and is accused.  At first Chase thinks she did it because her trauma response seems like her usual lying.  He decides to tell her he knows she did it and that he will help her cover it up.  Except it wasn’t her, this pisses her off, and she decides to hire Sam and Felicia to find the real killer.  And tells Chase to kick rocks. She gets some of her spunk back, and now Chase has to prove himself as a cop and as worthy of her by also solving the murder.  If they are going to keep them apart at least flip the script and make him forlorn and ashamed!

• Members

Chase is like an overgrown little boy and I have little interest in him, but all the material for that set is juvenile or neutered because the show is generally risk-averse to actual adult romantic content that does not involve babies, evil twins or serial killers. As I've said before, on paper the silly story with the Dr. Luke-esque music producer is a fun soapy time. But it's executed in a truly Scooby-Doo way and has gone nowhere for months. AS can do better and I would absolutely put BLQ with old neighborhood pal Dante romantically for awhile in saucier, sexier screwball comedy stuff and various murder mystery capers, etc. (a la Anna Kendrick in A Simple Favor, or some of Kevin and Lucy's older stories) until something more substantive can be figured out for both characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rena again if she was actually willing to appear for more than a couple days. While Ron Carlivati touched on it briefly early on when he paired up Olivia and Ned, the Lois/Olivia issue is a huge one and has been avoided for years. I've always liked Olivia despite her many flaws and I'll always love LLC over many shows, but unless you can differentiate Olivia and Lois more clearly she'll always be in the first wife's shadow. And it would be good for Brook Lynn, as mentioned.

Victor's random master plan has many plotholes. But not as many holes as Anna must have taken from bullets over the long years! Why they have her weeping and feeble at death's door now while Valentin hams it up is beyond me. Anna has been a superspy since at least the Ford administration if not longer. She has "died" at least once before, lest we forget that she spent the bulk of the '90s locked in a tower with brain damage after getting blown to bits. She has been about that life but, and I have said this time and again, they have made her too soft in recent years. I get crying and being emotional throughout the Robin saga in the years when Finola first returned, but Finola has had Anna crying about a little too much about a few too many things since then. Valentin's the worst of it though. Anna will drown in his mucus before she gets a chance to recover.

I'd have a lot more respect for the show if they had Anna jam a bunch of painkiller syringes into her body, crudely staple herself together like Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween Kills and start shambling around with a saline bag and a piece looking to go after Victor herself. That's how Anna rolled back in the Cold War!

Edited by Vee

• Members

4-7

Perhaps it's because it's been a minute since I've been allowed to sit down for a Nurse's Ball. Or that I did it in one sitting. But I thought that was a good Nurse's Ball. It looked like everyone was having fun, too. And those Magic Wands...lol.

I think the thing that bugged me was that the stakes were so...low stakes? But that in comparison to past Nurse Ball's. And since I've been saying for months that Victor's arc was FINALLY coming to an end...confirmed with us seeing him on screen killing someone which is usually a BIG sign someone is on the way out...I loved that it came coming to a head. Though I want to shake Lucy. Though speaking of Lucy, I'm disappointed she did not wind up in her undies. Is this only the SECOND time that has happened in Nurse Ball's history?

I know everyone was discussing the opener. But...I actually liked the opener. For once IMHO it was not the same 'Welcome to the Nurse Ball' stand in place thing. They actually tried something different. 

The Magic Wands were going to stand out and that number played much better on my TV than in the clip and yes @slick jones I was all about the long haired dancer...who was also in the opening number. hehe. And we know how I feel about TJ. I heard mention that JK worked out to be ready for the performance...it showed.

Please register in order to view this content

And I wouldn't knock Yuri out of bed. And it's great to see Milo back.

What I also really loved...Chase and Blaze's performance. I got the feels. They did a good job. When they introduced Blaze, I thought she might be the spoiler for Chase/BLQ, but I am glad it went somewhere else. That said...happy Linc was exposed in front of the whole town and that means this storyline is hopefully over, but it did feel anticlimactic at the same time. @titan1978 love your idea for how it should have been resolved. 

I teared all the way up during Bobbie's tribute (with flashbacks). Outside of @Mr. Vixen, I believe I'm the biggest Bobbie fan so it was nice to see her honored. And of course, Lucy had to be...Lucy. smh. I admit I laughed at her/Sonny scene. Cuz...she hoped to stop the hitman from killing her with...feathers? lol.

'To be continued.' 'Definitely.' Me...swooning at Sprina. Yes, yes, HELL YES. Finally...movement. Declarations. And even potential set-up for a break up...already. But I do feel that Spencer going after Esme that has already been foreshadowed will be their undoing in the end. I'm still waiting for Trina to find out how Joss/Cameron broke up. Since Joss clearly is not going to tell her. And Spencer is biting that tongue. That said...I've enjoyed all the Sprina moments.

Of course, Obrecht would get kidnapped!!! Ugh. RME. One thing you can say about Victor, his throughline outside of his family has been his feelings for Lisel. Another sign his endgame is coming. And interesting how many storylines go with it...Willow's dying, Spencer's custody case, Laura/Anna vs Vic, Sprina.

Gladys vs Cody didn't bother me. Especially if it leads to more story for Mac. But it does feel like it's coming out of left field with all that Cody's hostility. 

Hehe...at a live animal being around the whole set of episodes...what was it even for?

• Members

Hey! Never underestimate the power of a feather boa, lol! God, why couldn't they have done that on DAYS? Instead of the necktie killer, they should have done the feather boa killer. 

Victor is savage. Like, you know how characters hold a gun and all they do is flap their mouth instead? And you know deep down it's all talk and stop wasting the 5-minutes of couch or bed time.

Boom. Victor just does it. 

• Members

BLQ is at her best in scenes with Sonny for some reason. I don't know what it is when they run into each other but I find them both adorable to watch together. You could say they light up like a Christmas Tree when they cross paths around town. BLQ is so charming and endearing with Sonny. Same for Mike Corbin in 2020. AS's best scenes were with MG's Mike when she was feeding him spaghetti in one of BLQ's many visits. She was so warm and loving to him. 

Edited by Vince79

• Members

I'm just glad to watch GH. It's so soapy juicy. I want to take a bubble bath and just watch because I'm covered in disgusting filth.

I think the reason why I don't watch GH on Hulu is because it takes them forever to post up. It's usually around 7 p.m. CST. Whereas, Paramount+ puts up B&B at 5:00 CST.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Yes!  I agree.  I think Brooklyn is good with Ned as well.  Sonny/Brook do have a nice relationship and chemistry-and not in a creepy way.  A family or old friend way.   That's why I think Brook needs to bounce off characters with more edge.  

Hulu is super unreliable on when they post GH.  I am on the West Coast and never know when it will be up.  Last week a day wasn't even up by midnight my time. 

• Members

I'm glad that's it's not just me, lol! 

It fires me up, I tell ya. That's why I record it (along with The View) because I want it immediately whenever I get back from running errands or socializing. God, I sound like a pampered brat. 

This show blows my mind away. God, I should have watched it after Guiding Light was canceled and I deeply regret it. Now I know why viewers love Port Charles so much. I get it. Welcome to Port Charles.

Valentin kind of reminds me of Frasier's brother on Frasier. I forgot his name. But anyway, his scenes with Anna were so endearing. That's genuine love right there. 

I just love how everything interconnects with each other and it feels so icy. Although I'm trying my damnedest to remember the names of the characters, I can still follow the direction of where the storyline is going. I can fully understand why GH wins Best Drama.  

Edited by Noel