General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

They did and she absolutely is, they've just lost the plot with Carly.

And you know I love Ava and Trina, in fact I didn't list Trina only because I think they've yet to give her a rich inner life. Her voice isn't yet defined but I do think she's getting there. I loved the moment last week where Spencer was saying some version of a final goodbye and she stopped him to say "This is not the end for us.".

They went to the Nurse's Ball together two weeks ago.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is apparently Australian by birth (which I didn't know til today), but was raised in the States and yeah, no accent offscreen.

Weirder still: I knew of him before GH. Back in my weeb days in HS and college I watched the classic anime Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, which took the bold step of hiring actual child actors to voice kids for the English dub instead of 45 year old women like cartoons usually do. The lead hero boy, a French kid with a very thick accent? Voiced by Nathan Parsons. When they cast Ethan I did a double take. It's the same person.

• Members

As others have said, a little of Diane is a lot and enough. For realism, a character like hers should stay single, because she'd clearly be impossible to deal with on a regular basis.

Tristan Rogers is in his IDGAF phase, and I think he's telegraphing that Scorpio's relationship with Diane is awful.

• Members

I just don't see what Robert would like about Diane.  I guess they do have some things in common, but as others have said it seems like the only thing they have in common is that she's in his age range lol.  Might as well pair him with Alexis.  Actually, that might not be so bad.  Diane can have Chase's dad.

• Members

This! I forgot about this storyline nugget. Ethan helped to protect Kristina from the abusive boyfriend too right?

Ethan can come home and feel like a fish out of water, so he reconnects with Kristina. Kristina can have a gf, and Ethan thinks he’s be friend-zoned. They spend a lot of time together doing normal stuff: watching movies, eating at Kelly’s, things Ethan hasn’t done for years on the run. As he tries to acclimate, he suffers PTSD and Kristina is the one he turns to. He find himself falling for Kristina, but can’t figure out how to make the move. Unbeknownst to him, Kristina feels the same way too. 

If they can find a more capable actress, Kristina’s gf can be Valerie Spencer. The last Valerie was awful. 

• Members

Sort of.  Kristina actually accused Ethan of beating her up before she came clean about Kiefer and Sonny thought about killing him until Luke talked him out of it lol.   I can't remember if Ethan knew Kiefer was hitting her or suspected, but I think Ethan was trying to help her.  Anyway, they got over that whole false accusation of physical violence and became friends. 

• Members

Fully agree. Just goes to show that being "in that age range" is not nearly enough. Robert would not be drawn to anything about Diana. I'd take Robert with Alexis, if only to get her away from the suckhole that is Chase's dad.

I know Gregory Harrison is a "big name actor" and that makes Frank thrilled to have him, but his character on GH is not working, and I feel pretty much nothing for him -- not approval, not hate, just apathy.

• Members

I refused to watch any of Maurice's scenes yesterday when he could barely spit out "Is that coffee for Anna?" to Tristan. I just find him embarrassing/uncomfortable to watch.

Oh god only on a soap in 2023 is the co-lead of Trapper John, MD a get.

I'd be into Robert and Alexis. Do I think Alexis could do with men who look less...elderly? Sure. But he's Robert Scorpio.

• Members

I will allow Robert Scorpio because he doesn't feel elderly to me.

As far as Sonny, MB's stutters don't bother me that badly, but I don't know how he can't articulate lines he's recited approximately a million times since he's joined GH.  

I was also going to say does Trapper, MD make him a star still?  Sorry Gregory Harrison.....

I would prefer Olivia first and an eventual reunion with Anna/Holly for Robert, but I could see Alexis/Robert working.  She's a real character unlike Diane who I considered a recurring gimmick.

The problem with Chase's dad is his stories go on forever with no real development (his romance with Alexis, his illness) or just disappear (what ever happened to Kim Delany and all that?).   He's just a very dead end character at this point.