General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why was Chase's dad yapping with Alexis instead of supporting his son at his hearing?  Where was Finn?  Dante?  Why is his singing partner coming to his defense?  I don't know why I am even asking these questions as I don't care at all about the story lol

Nice to see Holly.  ES looks great.  Did we know Ethan was being recast?  I think the only likable thing about the character was Nathan Parsons.

I don't know if I am feeling Diane/Robert.  They are okay, but I think I might agree with those that said just reunite him with Anna. 

Sonny/Nina are terminally boring.  Luckily for them Willow was in the episode to be more boring and whiny. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm on the other side of the fence about Nathan Parsons (he looked eternally in need of a bath and his accent work was not good).

But, there is something very Ali-McGraw-in-Love-Story that the actress who plays Willow is so beautiful that the only way that they can visually indicate that she's sick is by having her wear a blanket in every episode. 

• Members

I didn’t think Nathan Parsons was the second coming of Jonathan Jackson, so I am not stressed that this was recast. Let’s hope he can act, that’s all that matters. Ethan would be a welcome addition to the canvas. 

Felicia and Holly is what this show needed. The tow gets clicked right back into place. Who knew Kristina Wagner would become the pivot point for so many storylines? She is being revitalised just like Suzanne Rodger’s Maggie on DOOL was in the 2013/1014 era. 

• Members

Oh, most definitely, but I do have to suspend belief in that, given continued SORASing in soaps.

If only they could have gotten Mishael Morgan to play Jordan. Yes, age-range-wise, she's right in there with Antoine & Harper, but her pull on the material? Woof! Others to consider:

Rochelle Aytes:

Please register in order to view this content

Napiera Danielle (ex-Bonnie, As the World Turns)

Daphnee Duplaix (ex-Rachel, One Life to Live)

Chaunteé Schuler (ex-Bonnie, As the World Turns)

• Members

Oh, NP has some major hair issues throughout his time in PC.  There was a lot of greasy ponytails, but I thought NP was fairly charming.  I find Ethan in general to be useless (although he obviously is needed in this story), but I thought NP elevated a character that was trash to begin with.

I mean, they could give KM some makeup under her eyes or something to make her look sick.  She literally just only wears concealer and foundation instead of a full face.  Throw some dark circles in there at least. 

Interesting group of choices.  I am honestly not familiar with them all, but I will take your word.  If you could throw together a competent list of ladies as quickly as that I am not sure why GH didn't cast a wider net looking for the 3rd Jordan.

• Members

Seeing the tweets upset over mushmouth Nathan Parsons not returning surprised me, as people can't have expected him to want to come back to what is likely packing peanuts considering he's worked a fair amount in primetime.

Then again, the other big upset on there was over some article claiming Spencer and Trina are no Luke and Laura, so pick your poison.

At least we're away from the days of fans on there sending actors death threats...I hope.

• Members

I don't recall if Holly and Felicia have ever been on an adventure together. 

I know Luke returned briefly for the culmination of the Aztec Jewels storyline when Felicia was first introduced, but by then he had reunited with Laura.  Anna and Felicia were close when Frisco worked at the PCPD.  And Felicia has shared adventures with Lucy when they are paired with Mac and Kevin respectively.

But, can anyone fill me in if Holly and Felicia shared any significant interactions prior to this plot?

• Webmaster

How dare you show me a clip of an emotional scene between female friends who no one is asking if they are lovers and are scenes between actual female friends and not just women who appear in scenes together to fill space/time. Not to mention, a tank top-wearing Mac isn't stirring jealousy among women and goodbye was a goodbye instead of killing a character off because you don't know what else to do with them. 

What a difference the 90s had on soaps compared to today.

• Members

I am not feeling this pairing AT ALL. Diane is not working for me. I think the actress is coming off too eager. The characters also have nothing in common other than a sudden attraction. 

Not that I think that Anna and Scorpio should reunite. I like them as tense exes. They are hotter and more interesting that way. As a couple, they are pretty boring. Their history works best when they love and despise each other. 

Who are my leading contenders for Robert?

- Lucy: They have a fun cat/mouse chemistry. They are actually friends and have a history. 
- Ava: I think these portrayers will sizzle, and have flavours of Robert/Anna part 1 when Anna was more of a villain

- Elizabeth: can you imagine Liz with an older man?

• Members

I advocate Robert/Anna just to end Diane/Robert and Valentin/Anna.  Two birds with one stone.  Or we can reunite him with Holly and JPS can book a primetime role and have to leave the show.   I actually didn't mind the Olivia/Robert flirtation awhile back though. 

I honestly can't believe I remembered 3 actresses.  I certainly do not remember a COVID pinch hitter.  Unless it was the delightful Lindsay Hartley filling in for KeMo as Sam.