General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No new opening is a missed opportunity.  They need not overhaul it, just be smarter about how they use the photos and stop initiating so many seizures.

I do like how all the women are wearing shimmery/shiny dresses. It’s a fun play on the theme. Ava looked stunning in evergreen, it is a blond’s colour. It was nice to see Portia and Jordan not in work clothes.

This red carpet portion can be 1/2 an episode, it’s not that funny. If it were a regular character like Maxie or Lucy hosting it, I can see it having the “Leanna Love” gossip factor ala Y&R. As is, it’s a cameo by a guest star no one cares about. 

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I really hope we get more vets a the ball. Felicia and Mac need to represent the Scorpio family - they were a huge part of the ball since it’s inception because of Robin. 

Olivia and Ned need to represent the Q’s, they are the financial backers of the hospital after all!

• Members

Definitely a flop 60th anniversary episode, hopefully the week gets better than that crap.  There was a few cute ideas, but they were executed so poorly with the cringe-editing and awkward dialog.  The writing was especially bad, with obvious continuity problems:  one minute Portia is working at the hospital saying she's doing an extra shift so she could avoid going to the Ball, but then shows up inexplicably to have more redundant non-interactions with her husband and daughter about some 20 year old inconsequential lie of omission?

They should have had current town gossip and Deception employee Gladys scam her way into co-hosting with the Grey's Anatomy actress.  That would have been much more entertaining to have those 2 actresses/characters play off each other while spilling some tea on TV about PC's prominent citizens.

The only decent thing about the episode was all the gowns on the women.  Elizabeth with that hairstyle and dress was exceptionally beautiful.  Brook Lynn has such strikingly big eyes, she's like a cartoon Disney Princess.

• Members

Hahaha! I know whenever I see Portia in her doctor attire, I'm constantly looking at her shoes. Yeah, this is my first Nurses Ball. I was a little puzzled at the Red Carpet interviews and the photographer segments, but I thought maybe it was done years prior or something. Trina, Ava, Nina, Joss, and Jordan looked gorgeous.

On the tuxedo side of town, I thought Spencer and Curtis looked sharp. I'm so confused with Sonny for some weird reason. I thought he was a mob boss, and yet, he's speaking at a eulogy and being interviewed 'LIVE' at the Red Carpet and having his photos taken by the paparazzi. I'm rollin' with it. Whatever. Apparently, I don't know Sonny's stature besides that.

I'm trying to think of something "shocking" that will happen for this event. If it involves Lucy, then I won't be as shocked. Even if she's held at gunpoint. Maybe Nikolas returns? Then again, that's not shocking either.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Next year if they do the Nurses Ball, they need to drop the red carpet it comes off as corny and the opposite of entertaining. 

They should modernize the Autumn Breeze/Ambulance opening. And call it a day! 

Do you think they will be anymore classic characters returning this year for the anniversary whether its permanent or for a short stint other than the ones we know about? 

• Members

I have always found the Nurses Ball cringey, but enjoyable if that makes sense?  There is a lot of second hand embarrassment for me in the acts and the red carpet, but it seems like everyone is having fun and it's something different.   I wish they go back to the vibe of the early years where it was clearly amateurish acts and not supposed to be an actor's demo for a record label though.