General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Smh. Frank did a good job for the 50th, he better donthe same for the 60th!

It is very poetic that anniversary week episodes get interrupted by Special Reports. I will say though the occasion does warrant programming interruption...I just wish it were during The View.

• Members

This article's very informative re: certain elements of the current BTS process.

idk Frank.

A lot of this is understandable, but @Darn and I were just saying the show now has a major youth traffic jam due to too many fuckin' kids and not enough care taken in recent years. I lost my mind to realize Aiden is now almost a teenager with teens Rocco, Danny, stupid-ass Charlotte, Jake, etc. and they're all banging up against the current frontburner youth set. Not to mention 5-6 kids just born or rising in age by the day (Donna, etc).

• Members

Yep, the red carpet was awful.

Chandra Wilson is good on Grey's, but she is the wrong choice for this red carpet interview stuff -- way too laid back and reverential. They needed someone who was ALIVE and fun and irreverent, asking questions that are at least semi-embarrassing.

Instead, they played it straight, and you can't overcome boring writing by playing it straight.

• Members

Good article! Expected answers but enjoyable nonetheless. 

And yes, the number of children under 15 on this show is decidedly out of hand.

Liz: Aiden and Jake

Carly and Sonny: Donna

Willow and Michael: Amelia and Wiley

Sam: Scout and Danny

Lulu and Dante: Rocco

Lulu and Valentin: Charlotte

Ava and Sonny: Avery

Olivia and Ned: Leo

Esme: Ace

Finn: That lispy little girl. I'm not looking her up.

Maxie: Three of them, don't expect me to know their names. And I know at least one of them isn't actively on the show.

Can someone tell this to Y&R? The Abbott living room looks like it smells.

On second thought nevermind, they'd end up gutting it and painting the walls blue.

• Members

The thing about the red carpet that bothers me within the GH universe is that it begs the question of how famous are these people within Port Charles?

OK Laura's the mayor who has helped save the world and was a famous model.  Sonny is a notorious mobster (although IRL they tend to shun the limelight).  And, Nina runs Crimson which is a nationally available fashion magazine.

But, is Liz Webber the head nurse at GH famous around town?  I know she must have been in the news a couple of times, but nobody seems to recognize her when she's walking in the park.  Does anyone care what Sam McCall is wearing to the local charity event?  She's lovely, but in that universe, she hardly seems newsworthy.  And are the people of Port Charles eager for the latest news on college student Trina Robinson?

• Members

GH preempted in USA Tuesday April 4th due to news coverage of Tr*mp.
(This means that all episodes would be shifted to the next airdate.)

Nathan Varni tweeted that it already aired in Canada.
Varni said the full episode will air Wed. April 5th in USA,
and Canada will get an "encore" Wednesday.

(He didn't specify if Canada will get a repeat of the same episode or something else.)

• Members

I just was wondering the same thing about Days and Leo's gossip blog.  Does anyone care about how Chloe Lane feels about her on/off again boyfriends daughter? 

Sam did have a tv show a while back so some people might still remember that, but I thought it was much more effective when they just showed everyone entering and their outfits and who they came with in a little montage. 

• Members

I'm sure @Vee knows better but I believe so. A current and former GH script writer, whose name is escaping me, did a The Locher Room interview a few weeks ago stated he was let go when FV and RC joined the show. Ron asked him to stay on an additional, I think, 6 weeks or so but he knew as soon as they were hired that he'd be out of a job.

That's a soap cliche I've just had to begrudgingly learn to accept.

I was watching some GH from the 90s as you know and Ryan was reading a newspaper where the headline (the HEADLINE) read "FELICIA JONES TO WED MAC SCORPIO" or something similarly insane. Headlines about world famous people are hardly ever THAT direct. Even stop the presses news like Oprah finally marrying Stedman would say something like "Longtime loves Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham to finally say yes to marriage and tie the knot".

• Members

Yes!  I remember the headlines GH used in the 90's were hilarious.  The one with Lily dying was something similarly direct like "MOB BOSS'S PREGNANT WIFE DEAD" next to a glamour shot of Lilly Melgar

Please register in order to view this content

I can understand the people on GH are possibly famous/infamous on the town, but where is the Nurse's Ball airing?  It can't be on National TV.  I just assume it's on some public access channel lol. 

• Members

It's got to be local access or streaming.

It's streaming on Aiden's Twitch! That actually would've been pretty fun and current. 

GH is getting another SOD magazine for it's 60th. I can't embed the post but this is from their instagram and according to this post with Emma Samms and Tristan Rogers it's a full size magazine.

Lucky and Liz, my babies.