General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I used to side eye GH for using AT's Emily so much in these Balls, but she is so much better than EM.  I'll leave KA out of this because I have no nice comments about her singing either.   The material Joss/Trina were given didn't help considering it's a very popular current song sung by a much better singer.  Songs they have used in the past like Big Spender, Diamonds are a girls best friend, or Girls just want to have to Fun were much easier vocal choices for the non-singers of the groups.  Leave the Midnight Train to Georgia's to Rosalind Cash.  Not that I am comparing Maren Morris to Gladys Knight, but an ensemble song from Grease might have been a little more doable for McCoy.

I cut GH a little slack here.  HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention, fundraising, etc isn't as topical as it was in the 90's and the farther we move away from Robin being on the show and frankly watching her deal with it the less relevant it has become to the current canvas and characters.  We end up with Anna mentioning Robin and Sonny talking to a bunch of people that didn't know Stone about his illness and death.  I almost wondered if when it was relaunched by Ron if they should have dropped the AIDS fundraising aspect and just made it a Gala for hospital funding, but Robin had just "died" so it made sense to keep the theme.  The true poignancy and urgency among the characters to find a cure and treatment and doing things like bringing John Hanley to speak or showing the AIDS quilt was lost years ago.   It's the Nurses Ball's cause truly in name only.  I personally would have made this years celebration about the hospital's 60th and funding in general and dropped the HIV/AIDS portion although I know that would have angered a lot of people. 

• Members

They're struggling to hide Sofia Mattsson's pregnancy at the Ball, aren't they? No over-sized coat to cloak her stomach, so instead, she's either seated or covering her stomach with her wrap and clutch!

I would've co-signed this happening. At this point, make the Ball a Gala-type event. This year's event just misses the mark for me, unfortunately, and it's twice-as-cringe as usual.

• Members

I don't know about firing her and don't really care, but she certainly wasn't necessary at the ball.  I know Sasha helped plan it, but if she came down with a cold or something and had to miss it no one would notice.  And they could avoid this.  Unless the Gladys stuff is coming to a head, which, yeah, I still don't care. 

• Members

Today wasn't as cringey as yesterday.

The cliffhangers were really good, though I'm beyond tired of the Willow's cancer storyline and one of the cliffhangers is only gonna prolong it.

I always enjoy Chase's singing. But was I supposed to know who that Danielle lady was? 

Please register in order to view this content

And I definitely could have done without all that Trina moaning about Spencer's privilege and entitlement bull**it, especially considering that her best friend is one of the most privileged and entitled people (and biggest, unfeeling whore) in Port Charles.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Brando and Sasha should've been written off together at the end of 2021 in a happy ending with a healthy baby instead of the dark turn it took to force a story for them. All it would've taken was Cyrus ordering a hit on Brando from prison for betraying him for Sonny to set them up in a new life in parts unknown to write their exit out of town. Gladys could've joined them later on. I think they are setting up for Sasha to become Nina's legal daughter that she will take in once Gladys bleeds her dry on the money. Nina and Sonny (Via Brando) are her only connection left in town and she did spend the holidays with them last year on Thanksgiving  and Christmas. It's the best way to keep the character around by tying her to them. They will never break up Millow to give her back those ties through Michael that gave her a bigger role. Cody is a nothing character that will keep her off in filler land. Nina will step up to takeover as Sasha's guardian and Sonny will back her up to honor Brando and she will become their responsiblity since Gladys has failed her on whatever time is left on the deal Martin cut to keep her freedom. 

Edited by Vince79

• Members

Writing them off back then was probably the best idea.  Personally, while your story sounds good, it seems like way too much effort to keep the Sasha character around when she doesn't serve a purpose.  Gladys bleeding Sasha dry seems like another dark arc for the character of Sasha who hasn't caught any breaks.  Sasha seems fine now and I am sure her conservatorship will end soon.  I don't particularly like the idea of Nina mothering another grown ass woman.   There are plenty of legacy characters that can fill the void of Sasha (Serena, Christina (Lucy's other daughter), Sean/Tiffany's daughter, etc.) or they could bulk up Kristina or Molly's roles or bring Lulu back.  I don't even dislike Sasha, but I don't see an argument to keep her around besides "she sucks less than Willow".

• Members

Well hello, Magic Milo and the Magic Wands

Please register in order to view this content

It was a pretty good looking group this year, even the random extras looked good. And we finally got to see a little more of Yuri too. Not as ripped as the other guys, but still, he was looking good. Though I do admit that TJ stripping while his mother watched was a little awkward.

Overall, it was a good episode today. Even Valentin and Gladys had my attention  And the tribute to Bobbie was really well done. And welcome back, Lucy. Just like with Days, I'm a little excited for next week, especially when it comes to Victor, Spencer and Trina. 

But again, Why...The...F**k is Spencer the only person in this whole town that gives a s**t about Cam???You'd think Trina wouldn't have been so dismissive about Cam today. Hell, it was her voice but it might as well have been Joss' words. 

This storyline could be so much better than what we're probably going to see. I'll always be Team Sprina, but they should have Dex try to woo Trina away from Spencer. Have him drop Joss' disgusting ass and try to get Trina to fall in love with him and away from Spencer. The way he went over to her and not Joss during Magic Milo kind of proves that it can happen. Let this storyline be anchored by actors that are consistently good, and characters that are actually human