General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Nurses Ball was pretty underwhelming. I don't care about the Linc stuff getting revealed, and there's too much time being spent on Gladys. 

Magic Milo - lol. Dex is a cutie but can't dance. The actor looked like he was having fun. Cody is suddenly hot but JK looked like he was being held hostage through that performance. Yuri actually looks like a man. And I'm glad TJ was in it. 

I'm quite glad that Drew was nowhere to be found in all of this. CM must be busy. 

Sprina is still superior to everything else on the show. Joss, Michael, Willow, Carly, Drew, and Esme suck ass and need to be off my screen immediately. 

• Members

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

Dex’s dancing was just fine, and so was Josh Kelly’s. Both guys are hot. I think they pay a price here because their characters aren’t well liked.

Yuri was fine, but I hardly think he gets to be called a real man — as opposed to the others — just because he’s hairy and not shaved. If that’s your preference, cool, but that does make him a “real man.”

Yuri didn’t move any better than Dex or Cody, either, but no one’s commenting on his dancing. Is that because a “real man” isn’t judged for his moves? 

• Members

Willow is so lame she missed Magic Milo?  The only entertaining part of the Nurses Ball?  Of course she would lol...

Drew finally showed up.   

@AMCHistoryThere was no finale of the Nurses Ball.  No montage, no flashbacks.  It was a really disappointing anniversary.  Even in Gh's darkest days we always got a montage for major anniversaries. 

WK and LLC made an appearance.  With or without lines they get paid since they are recurring.  I assume they had some lines and they got cut or something. 

• Members

LMAO @ all the fake crying histrionics throughout Monday's episode.  Such bad acting all around, especially the Valentin actor.  The BEST acting award goes to baby Ace looking at the camera with a "WTF am I doing here?" face when he debuts on the ship after having been kidnapped. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I can't even comment on Valentin.  What was even going on with that acting?  And is that a new Charlotte?  I honestly get Violet and Charlotte mixed up because.....Idk why?  They are both unimportant to me, but that Charlotte looked like a teenager and I thought she was younger lol.

The only thing I did like was Spencer realizing he was in way over his head.  NC did a good job today.

• Members

Valentin has been sobbing his way through scenes for the better part of a decade. Anna and Valentin are a living ad for strap-ons.

I think they're intending to run the anniversary event through May sweeps. Still, it would've been nice to do a montage sooner.

• Members

I feel like I missed an episode. Where is the fallout from Lucy’s return from the dead. The room was literally full of her friends. Where was the payoff from having her out of Port Charles for months?

You literally have spent months building up to this moment, and you just skip it? It’s like playing a song, and skipping the last verse. So many missing notes. 

Let’s add GH to the “how not to write a show anniversary” guide. 

• Members

DEAD.  But true........

I appreciate making it an event, but the actual day should have had a montage even if it was after the show as a stand alone as they have done in some years.   It seems lazy.  Tell the stories you want in the time you want, but just pay the 20 or so actors their residuals and give us a 1 min montage before the credits. 

• Members

Agreed. Especially with the majority of the cast in one room, there should have been a toast acknowledging the major players. There should have been more “remember when” flashbacks montages. I think the AMC 30th Crystal Ball is a good example of this. 

Heck, even in the 40th Anniversary in the darkest days of Guza/Pratt we got commercial intro-outros with flashbacks. 

• Members

They don't even have to be creative lol.  They always show the same scenes anyway, but the vets could have recalled certain events that correlated with the ball.  There could have been montages of Nurses Balls past when Bobbie was talking.  When Mac/Felicia were talking about previous acts they could have shown them.  It's just disappointing.  I would have taken a lot less musical acts and auto tune and had the show spend the money on showing old clips instead.