General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mo is looking a little goblin-y lately. It's like his age just hit him (or me maybe) all of a sudden. When's the last time he didn't have a love interest that towered over him? Short king season is in, lean into it.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Oh, he's definitely showing his age in the last few years.  Ever since his Mike phase, but that's a bad picture with that weird facial expression as well.  MB has always been noticeably short IMO.  If you really think about it only a handful of his love interests have really been shorter than him-even the first two Carlys were creeping up on being the same height as him in heels. 

• Members

I don't really follow GH much these days and have picked up due to the anniversary. The affiliate in SF yesterday aired an episode with Mac in the hospital and Laura Wright's husband's character with a baby in the car (seems like he was on the run, could be wrong). 

• Members

From reading twitter, I saw additional descriptions of the episode that was repeated in parts of the USA on Tues. April 4.

It was episode #14909 from Tuesday, February 8, 2022:
https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/recaps/622667/general-hospital-peter-kidnaps-charlotte-force-victor-hand/

I wonder if that's the "encore" that will air in Canada today April 5?
Or will they simply rebroadcast in Canada what the US is seeing for the first time today? 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Lilly Melgar and Lisa Vultaggio were pretty short, but yeah.  I think the show (and Mo) used to be a little more conscious of his height when pairing him back in the day or just super focused on hiring Brenda bots.  Either way lol.  It does look like CW intentionally slouches when she's with him and LW did that as well.

• Members
I tried to be kind while watching this first day of the Nurses' Ball...but damn...that was so much cringe. The choreography is just so awkward and stilted. It's like a middle school show that had too little rehearsal.

These performances with a dozen+ on stage are just so bad, and yes, I realize they're not supposed to be professional entertainers. Part of the problem is production, because nothing about the lighting or direction tells us we're watching something special -- which I thought we'd get for the 60th. Yes, they paid for bodies on the screen, but otherwise it all looks cheap.

If they can't do it right, whether it's budget or time or whatever, don't do it at all.

• Members

The Nurses' Ball was bad for most of the '90s as well, especially when they decided an event about HIV/AIDS prevention was really just an excuse for serial killers, sex tape reveals, and other garbage. At least now you don't have to see Wally Kurth trying to be a serious rocker (I hope...).

• Members

These Nurses Ball episodes should have a way for viewers to donate to HIV\AIDS research, so something good comes out of this fictional event. Maybe the Magic Wands can do a pin-up calendar and ABC can sell those? I can see them making good money from this, with all the female and gay men that watch the show. Heck, it would be a newsmaking/press moment too.