General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's pretty depressing and unnecessary, but so is GH.  I would ditch the dad and put NLG in a quad with Ned/Olivia/Robert.  I personally like Ned/Alexis, so I would just use her there.  I know WK isn't always available, but it's not like Days uses Justin that much (although the usage may ramp up with Victor's death).

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Something I've noticed regarding "On the next General Hospital" :  Whenever Maurice Benard is on the next episode, he gets the final shot in the preview about 90% of the time or more.

It's as if GH thinks MB is THE killer draw that'll bring us back tomorrow. That final shot should be of the most exciting vid piece they have, not of Benard.

• Members

I’m okay with Olivia and Ned being the “stable” couple on the show now. The Joe and Ruth. Both are capable actors. Both are good as the “talking to” character - I mean who doesn’t want Olivia as their mother!

Robert has 100 viable options on canvas, but clearly Diane is not one of them. 

• Members

I think both Ned/Olivia have a little more to give than just being talk to's but I don't hate them in the role right now.   I also don't mind them being endgame (although I will always hold out for Lois/Ned), but they could use some messy Monica/Alan like drama.  I just see them doing more than being stable for the rest of their time on the show.  Both characters are more interesting than that.

• Members

Can we all agree that new Ethan is sex on a stick. Gosh, I have not drooled over a soap hunk in a long time… like Sunset Beach days. I pray to god that this man can act. 

I love Tracy/ Holly/ Felicia’s stories all coming together. Who would have thought that these three characters would ever get a chance to play together.

The only downside was the comically small set. You had the four actors tripping over each other and the funeral to get out of the scene. 

• Members

As a sporadic viewer, Valentine's character development is bizarre to me.

We got that scene of Nina and Valentine checking in at the hospital.  She's saying how things were rough with Willow but she's hopeful, and he's looking supportive, but the whole time I'm thinking, isn't this the guy who hired Sasha to pretend to be her daughter? He was a reprehensible madman who shot Nikolas in cold blood, and now he's a romantic hero? Wasn't it just a year ago that Brook Lynn was involved in a baby switch story partially motivated by her dislike of Valentine?

Now, I enjoy the chemistry between the actors who play Valentine and Anna, and I think he's a huge bowl of charisma, but I seem to have missed any redemptive arc that would explain why Nina would want to reminisce with him in the hallway.

Sidenote: whether or not it was deliberate, I enjoyed the symbolism of Tracey, Holly, and Felicia as the respective white, red, and black queens from Alice in Wonderland saving Ethan from having his head chopped off.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I do think Ned and Olivia should probably be endgame unless some miracle occurs with Lois lol. But I am not against playing out romantic drama with Olivia and Scorpio too in the meantime, and maybe Ned and Alexis again, who knows. Though at this point I would try Alexis with someone new and probably a woman, preferably not a man like Gregory who resembles a Founding Father.

• Members

Why do you have to go breaking my heart like that Errol? JK 

Please register in order to view this content

The costuming for the scene was on point. The white outfit. The big hat. Tracy's very defined chin. It was a classic soap re-entry, worthy of a character of Tracy's caliber.

I hope they can find a more refined hair style for Jane. She is supposed to be a modern, refined, upper-crust woman. The hair she has been sporting on her last few returns has looked more like a woman living in Venice, California. I know Jane is not keen on all the appearance stuff, but I think its important for her character. Yes, Tracy is a grifter. But she is supposed to be a refined grifter.

• Members

Did they try to secure Nathan Parsons and it fell through? Maybe they started writing the story before they knew if they could get him.

Someone tell GH to stop writing stories around characters who aren't on canvas. It's hard to be invested in Luke's friends trying to get revenge on Victor for killing him when we didn't get to see Luke "die" (or even know if Victor was involved in the accident as far as I can tell) and know the possibility of Geary returning is low.

I enjoyed her haircut from last year. It was a callback to her original hairstyle, intentional or not.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Darn