General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think NLG looks good, but maybe it's just because KeMo looks old and tired or something lol.

Curtis doesn't bother me that much, but the Jordan actress is so young and so miscast she just takes me right out of character.  I think the acting is more stiff depending on the scene.  I think everyone was really awkward standing around the cell phone listening to Trina talk and that was probably a hard scene to play without rehearsal if that's the case since I assume they are just reacting to without the benefit of hearing what Trina is saying.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think Donnell Turner is a bad actor whatsoever, I think he's pretty good actually. The current Jordan is not as young as the 2nd Jordan, and is a better fit in the role IMHO, and I also think she's improved quite a bit since her first month in the show.

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

Both recast Jordans looked really young, but TH looks noticeably too young to be TJ's mom.  I think she probably has improved a bit, but she feels very miscast to me.  Perhaps in a different role Tanisha Harper would be fine?   I just don't think she has the fire or gravitas for being the Police Commissioner. 

Donnell Turner falls into the acceptable/fine category for me.  He doesn't wow me, but I am not actively noticing he's awful or anything.  He's just mostly boring.

• Members

Donnell Turner stopped acting on this show around 2016.

None of the Jordans have had a personality but Vinessa Antoine had charisma. She has always been a plot function vs. a character. The current one is unwatchable.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Storms went brunette a few times, and I can say it just compliments her features a bit more. She's always had darker roots show when her blonde grows out, so I'm not surprised she went full-on. I'm sure the blonde will be back by end of the year.

2004:

Please register in order to view this content

2007 (more strawberry blonde with darker hues):

It's kind of the same thing when Maura West went strawberry blonde for a short-term period of time.

When Tanisha Harper trusts the material and just goes with it, she is wonderful! In the beginning who could tell she was reciting in her mind what the script was, but when she is finally in the moment she delivers the material. Plus, to me, she most mirrors the role when Vinessa Antoine was in it. Plus, the face card she serves? Plus, Harper is only two-years younger than Anotine. This comes down to SORASing TJ with the casting of Tajh Bellows, who is arguably the best TJ, and the only one I've enjoyed in the role. But, we have seen closer age-castings in both daytime and primetime prior.

• Members

I like the 2nd picture of KS.  That hair color looks really nice.  The brown is okay.  It's not a bad color to compliment KS features and coloring.  I just think that dark of a color without any contrasting highlights tends to look drab and without depth especially since she has relatively thin hair.   When you combine that with the way Maxie dresses, it makes her seem even more matronly.    But, like I said, she has done much worse to her hair in the past.

As far as Jordan, I didn't realize she was that close in age with VA.  Like @Vee said, Jordan is a pretty thankless role and at least VA had some charisma.  I don't find TH to have much, but the writing is very up and down with her Jordan.  I don't know if Jordan is the villian or the root for half the time.  I also think TH's look is too pretty and delicate for the role of Police Commissioner.   Obviously both previous Jordans were pretty as well, but I could possibly imagine them as cops.  I have a hard time imagining this Jordan in jeans and t-shirt let alone as a tough DEA agent.

• Members

All of the Jordans have looked too young to be the parent of an adult. 

The show is obviously full of beautiful people but she's almost distractingly pretty. What is this model doing here talking about issuing warrants?

• Members

Yeah, I obviously know beautiful people are a dime a dozen in soaps and gorgeous people are capable of doing any job, but the way TH is put together and carries herself screams Face of Deception more than Police Commish.  I am certain GH could have found a more believable actress to play Jordan.