The last time a soap brought you to tears

• Members

As I suffer through several people dry crying from Britt getting the Hook on GH, I tried to remember when was the last time I actually had a real emotional reaction while watching a soap.

After some YouTube scrolling to revisit some scenes, for me, it was Tracy arriving and embracing Laura at GH when Lulu was injured and in a coma.  Even watching it again it brings out some emotional response.  

While these scenes are few and far between and don’t have the weight of emotional moments from the past, I was wondering what was the last time anyone else was moved by these shows?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I couldn’t think of one (when soaps were truly emotional, I wasn’t much of a crier—needed some life experience to get there), but that Jill/Katherine scene definitely made me misty. And Lila stepping out of the wheelchair to guide Edward up the stairs in the Quartermaine mansion to heaven when he died on GH.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I'm racking my brain but it's probably Robin's big return in 2013 on GH. The whole thing was so drawn out and so much of the surrounding story got very stupid, but as it so often is/was with Ron Carlivati you could tell he had been planning for the Big Moment above all and when it came, he did execute that at least. It was satisfying.

(Then the characters stood around reciting banal dialogue in small clusters while Patrick and Robin monologued at each other, but that's another quibble.)

Edited by Vee

• Members

Everyone standing around like statues as Robin and Patrick reunited was truly stupid but man were KM and JT good.

Especially Jason Thompson. He sold the disbelief and shock of seeing Robin again. The way Sabrina immediate became a non-entity to him was something to see.