The last time a soap brought you to tears

• Members

I don’t really watch DAYS all that often because I can’t stand Ron, but I will have to look those scenes up because I do like Flynn.

It really was.

We even got the mini slow-mo Anna reunion for the history before her reunion with Emma.  As much as I enjoy Robin I don’t think I cried during any of her storylines after Stone until that reunion.

Even mentioning Stone shows how far we have fallen.  I am a sympathy crier so I am an easy mark.  I truly bawled my eyes out often during that Stone storyline, and many soap moments.  Now it’s like nothing really brings it out on daytime.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sineads death on Coronation Street back then when she lost her cancer battle. Still cry just thinking about it!

Alan Q’s and Emily’s deaths in 2007. GH nearly brought some tears out of me between 2007-2022 but nah.

B&B.. Tough one.. Probably when Hope got her child back.. but before that? Phoebes death probably

Y&R? I don’t know but this show never really effected me emotional besides Johns death. 

Days! When Tripp finally got cleared from Allies rape accusations! Poor lad. All his scenes with Steve made me choke up. Like when he asked his son if he raped her or not and promised to still be there for him. He believed in him and fought for him. Loved it and it still makes me emotional

• Members

I will admit I cried when I thought BOLD killed off Finn. Cause you know we all thought the triangle of suck was returning lol and because I love Finn lol

Please register in order to view this content

The last time I truly ugly cried when Steffy lost "phoebe" whom was Beth, JMW played that to perfection 

• Members

I think he has his fair share, especially in his earlier days. I loved Viki and Charlie in Texas on OLTL, and their first Christmas in his pick-up got me. Marcie holding her hostage as those two stories climaxed so well. The Buchanan Enterprises gala and Nash's death. Jessica's meltdown at his funeral, which was Bree Williamson's best work on the show. Kish's reunion at the mass gay wedding (which I loved, shut up). The big Two Todds reveal in August of 2011 where Todd revealed himself. Bo and Nora getting back together (just the whole thing). Viki's televised speech at the end of the network run. I can probably think of more.

At GH he got me with the aforementioned, as well as the climax of the big water crisis in 2012 which probably saved the show from cancellation, however goofy and rushed it was. There was a real sense of exhilaration and joy among the cast which came through onscreen. I've loved my fair share of Ron's work - that's why I used to write about it for a buck when he first took over, to proselytize that OLTL was somehow, against all odds, actually good again. The problem in years since then is everything else, and his inability to evolve or deal with his weaknesses or laziness. I don't have any faith in him executing today.

• Members

The last time I was emotional watching DAYS was during Will’s initial coming out stories, especially his scenes with Marlena where he was clearly troubled and almost there and Dee played it like Marlena was just waiting for him to say the words, quiet support and clear emotion in both of their eyes.  It’s some of her best work in years too IMO.

• Members

Can't recall the details now, but the monologue Caroline had on Days about 2 customers in days gone by who were gay and because of the times never acted on those feelings.

It was beautifully written and Peggy McCay sold it.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

BB

When Stephanie lost her memory became homeless and returning to her house she couldn't remember her children.

When Sheila took the poison telling everyone she just wanted to be loved and fell down...

When Caroline made Stephanie and Brooke hold hands while she was dying

• Members

Shows don't make me cry but those moments were very impactful.

Remembering the ferocious Katherine of the 80s made it all the more difficult to see her looking so weak. But she went out in the most dignified way!

Stephanie's lung cancer scenes where she was sick and coughing were so realistic, sad, and graphic in a way. Knowing that cancer is a very real way to die rather than some soap melo drama made it hit even harder.