The last time a soap brought you to tears

• Members

Been watching a TON of GH clips over the past few weeks and Tony's death did it for me. It's the most realistic death I've seen on a soap. Brad Maule and Tony were disrespected and discarded by this show so heartlessly but his death scene was treated with gravitas. Tony was a good, honorable man that was punished by life and lured into making bad decisions, I think these scenes conveyed that.

Edited by Darn

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've never forgotten his death rattle in this sequence. You're right, I always thought it was way too real. Those scenes were excellent, though the show was very, very messy at the time and during that storyline. (It was a great idea on paper mostly executed poorly.)

• Members

When Douglass Watson passed away suddenly, it must have been hard for the cast to play out the scenes of Mac’s death on Another World. The song that played during the tribute to him ends with “the show must go one,” but after his passing AW was never quite the same.

• Members

Neil's death and the memorial to Kristoff was the last thing to have me bawling. Prior to that was Storm's death on B&B. I still re-watch those episodes every now and then on YouTube. I strongly feel those are possibly the best episodes this show ever had. Everybody came to play and were committed to those scenes. MVP's were Katherine Kelly Lang and Jennifer Garies (who I didn't expect to be able to carry her own). Of course Heather Tom was the most heartbreaking and she really cemented herself as a character Brad had to keep with her performances. The moment she learned she had Storm's heart and her eulogy at his memorial service was some of the best acting I've seen across any platform.