B&B January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. Like I said yesterday, I've enjoyed most of the acting, but the Sheila story is dragging a bit again. So fresh stories are good.

Steffy is the co-CEO I believe. Hope is just the head of the HFTF division so under Steffy. Unless I'm wrong. 

• Members

Yeah, I was wondering as it seemed to me that they may be co-equals or something of that nature. I couldn't tell. 

The Bill and Shelia storyline isn't bad per se in my opinion. I guess for me, I like to see things happen organically. And this sh*t ain't organic, okay? I want my refund back, lol! The only thing that would make my day is if Shelia's toe and Bill's cross had supernatural powers. Hell, yeah! Place that decapitated middle toe on top of Bill's cross and then wrap it around with some string or yarn. I wanna see the destructive powers happen! Have them glow green or red! I'm here for it! However, as a viewer, I never witnessed Bill and Shelia at the beach, etc.

Are writers at B&B taking the cheap Ron Carlivati route where things happen spontaneously behind our backs? 

• Members

I agree. Re: Bill and Sheila. It has been so jarring hearing from him and her about how they met up at Il Gradino one night and walked the beach and got to know each other. Aka TELL, NOT SHOW. It would have been so much better if while Sheila was at Deacon, they had an episode where she was in disguise at the bar, oblivious, and she hears that regular bartender saying 'you here again. the usual? what's new?' All the audience see is a set of hands...at first. Sheila's head turns to the hands and then the camera pans up to reveal...DOLLAR BILL...sad. Sheila's wheels turning are shown on her face. Fade out.

And then...don't play it for months or give them one more scene in the months leading up to Sheila's car chase. So that when she confronts Finn and Steffy. THEN...the Dollar Bill reveal. Aka SHOW, DON'T TELL. 

• Members

@Taoboi Isn't this *magical* unseen connection tactic exactly the same as Eric/Quinn and Quinn/Carter?

They've reused the Eric/Quinn dialogue/scenes with everyone in town warning Eric that Quinn was *toxic* except the special word is *dangerous* - I think there was one episode where Steffy used the word *toxic* at least 5 times when talking about Quinn and Grandad.

I actually like that B&B sometimes just jumps into a new story to reset the show. However, when Sheila appeared at Deacon's months ago, she did say she access to resources. It seems Brad did have this story brewing at that point.

But like you and others have said, why can't they show us in a flashback the beach scene? Unless, of course, that beach scene played out very differently than the way Bill/Shelia have shared.

• Members

I wonder how the sale and redevelopment of Television City will change B&Bs production style? 

I have no business acumen, but it fascinates me when a company like CBS/Paramount/Viacom sells assets that will only continue to gain equity.  CBS sold the Radford lot and Television City almost at the same time.  B&B is entwined with Television City not just in terms of outdoor sets like the rooftop bar/gym, but also that classic scene when Ridge went over the balcony.  Y&R was also obviously inspired by the development of The Grove next door when that had that story in 2007 about the construction of the Clear Springs parking lot that caved in and trapped Sharon and Nick.

The new owner is redeveloping the complex, and CBS is currently leasing both lots, but I wonder how long that will last, and how it will effect the look of both shows?

https://therealdeal.com/la/2021/03/26/hackman-unveils-massive-plan-to-redevelop-cbs-television-city/

Surface parking lots and two sound stages built in the 1990s would be razed to make way for the new construction. Parking garages with room for 5,300 vehicles would be added.  Hackman plans to preserve the four original sound stages designed by architect William Pereira and built in 1952

Edited by j swift

• Members

I wasn't a regular viewer during Eric/Quinn and Quinn/Carter, but it sounded like with Eric/Quinn it was a well timed, not sloppy, plot twist. At least from reading about it. Quinn/Carter...didn't they interact a little bit over time and the writers noticed a spark and wrote it in so it was semi-gradual. From what I read.  Because this Bill/Sheila was definitely abrupt vs they should have showed a subtle scene here and there and then went in for the plot twist.

I agree with you that Sheila has mentioned resources before. I could see her meaning this as well. Could this have been a long game? hmmmm

• Members

This wouldn't be the first time. Bradley seems to like jumping into a storyline several beats in to avoid writing the initial courtship. We never saw Eric & Quinn come together initially -- it was just a cliffhanger shock to find them in bed together.  Didn't they do the same when Eric and Donna started boinking again?  They did the same bedroom shocker some 10 years back when Taylor and Thorne got back together. 

• Members

I'm not new to B&B, but let's just say I'm now trying to get back into again after a long hiatus. I want to to watch it regularly, but the same repetitive dialogue on this show drives me nuts. It's like a Hooked on Phonics for those who may be morons or something. I dunno. All I know is that I'm tired of hearing the same sh!t every damn fckin' day. God. Bless. It! I'm serious!

Hell, even today, I heard this sentence for like the 54th time: "You put a bullet in your son! You left him to die. You gunned down Steffy ..." For the love of God, SHUT ... UP! God, make it stop. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I get so tickled at the "around the office" wear of Paris, Steffy, and formerly Zoe. It totally looks like what little girls imagine high fashion to be, feels like a Disney channel show. I do think Paris, who is always gorgeous, looks even better with the darker hair.

I enjoy Thomas, but I won't make excuses for him. He doesn't deserve to be awarded so quickly, but hey, I guess business is business. Don't you all remember, maybe a year or more ago, how he was majorly crushing on Paris for about a week but then it got dropped? A lot like Paris' crush on Finn, and Carter and Katie's flirtation tha was only resuscitated because Quinn left town.

Zende saying that he and Paris are just friends? Poor dude, better pray for otherwise because characters without a single romantic prospect don't fare too well. I agree with the above poster that the Thomas/Paris/Zende triangle is ready to write itself. I'm just not too sure that it'll be all that interesting.

#Zzzzzzende  

I'm not convinced that $Bill doesn't have something up his sleeve re: Sheila.

• Members

Spot on! Man, Monday's scenes were the same. What I will restate: HT is a master. Taking horrific, wordy, nonsensical dialogue and turning into something *and* with waterworks! I just wish Katie wasn't such a blah character.

Imagine what HT could've done on Y&R instead of her 15 years on B&B ...