Bold 2023 previews

• Members

Brad plans on introducing new characters in the Spring 2023. "I'm looking to bring in a next generation of characters from all the families on the show and then some new, fresh families and characters mixed in, as well."

Finn/Steffy: "They are going to have incredible family challenges, one of them being Sheila. Finn feels some guilt for trying to welcome his mother into their lives, and he's no longer feeling that way. He knows she was trouble; he wants nothing to do with her. Steffy and Finn are really going to be put to the test in 2023.

Liam/Hope: "Their family is going to be challenged once again, so they are going to be put to the test, as well, in a completely new way, and we'll see if they can survive. It will be a great one."

Thomas: "We know he's a brilliant designer, we know he does things and that he regrets them. He doesn't know why the whole world thinks it's so awful that they've thrown him out of Forrester Creations. Thomas is really going to be working to get back in the good graces of Hope and his family and get back to work at Forrester Creations. He's currently in exile."

Bill/Sheila: "Sheila has been working behind the scenes, as she does. Bill has been down and depressed and lonely, and that's not good for Bill. He feels a bit lost and wonders if there's a woman out there who can handle him, someone that he could love who is tough and resilient. Bill and Sheila find one another and this relationship and bond forms. The question is, does she immediately fall in love with Bill, and is it for real? And Bill, although he's almighty and powerful, is he able to keep her out of prison and protect her from the law? So it's a really fascinating coupling and they'll be highly watchable. Bill is really going to go to bat for this woman, thinking that maybe she's the one.

Carter/Katie: "This will be a slow burn and I don't say that in a bad way. They both feel that there's something very special between them, but they will take their time. They both have loved and lost and they're both hoping that a beautiful, romantic and lasting relationship will form. They're going to be on a bit of a journey together, and an investigative journey together, as well." In fact, this person thinks that it's really appalling that they're together and is going to challenge their existence in a very aggressive way."

Paris/Zende: "With Thomas gone, Zende, along with Eric and the whole design team, will be heading up the Hope For The Future line, so he is really going to have an opportunity to strut his stuff as a designer. And he and Paris love one another, as friends and as co-workers. Will this be their year? There's going to be someone who is going to challenge him and vie for Paris's affections."

Deacon: "Something real happened there with Sheila and Deacon, but Deacon is trying to distance himself from Sheila. He really wants to create a better life and be a better person. He's going to take his job seriously and really try to make a go of it as a restaurateur and take over running II Giardino."

Brooke/Ridge/Taylor: "After all of the deception, thanks to Thomas, they're really trying to reassess, look deep inside themselves and try to move on with a new perspective. So it's a time of great self-reflection for all three of them. A wonderful thing about it is that Taylor and Brooke, after all these years of being rivals, are going to find that they have much more in common than they ever realized. And they're becoming, of all things, friends."

Edited by Dylan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They really should throw Thomas back at Zende/Paris and actually develop it. Thomas/Zende have so much potential to have a rivalry already. Go for it.

The only way I would want Bill around Sheila would be if Li gets roped in. I want a Round 2 NOW!!! lol. That said...well...Brad appears to be trying to write her out of her corner. Can he do it? 

• Members

On paper yes, but the execution for new characters has been horrific. They brought 5 new characters from a *legacy* family when Sally2 was introduced. Disaster. Same with Avants.

Brad should try adding only 2 new character - Diana and RJ.

If they want to do a big twist: undo Ridge being Moss's son. Nobody wanted that. With Sheila on the canvas, she can certainly be the scapegoat. I guarantee the audience would glad accept that Ridge, Thomas, Steffy and RJ are bio-Forresters.

This correction allows Diana and RJ to become involved, which opens up a whole lot of story for numerous characters.

• Members

With all of the talk about Zende and Thomas it got me thinking how illogical it is that Eric no longer designs for FC.

Karl Lagerfeld designed for Chanel up to his dying day, and FC only has one fashion show a year, so it's not that hard. 

I could understand using the younger generation to design the diffusion line of Hope for the Future, but why not have Eric continuing to design for the main line?

On the same note, is B&B ever going to address the downturn of print media and its effect on Spencer Publications?  I know CBS as a whole barely references the changes in media consumption.  However, from lack of pandemic references to the odd cell phone apps they use, the parallel universe that these characters live within is growing further from reality all the time.

• Members

If those characters tied to the legacy families don't include Diana Carter, Mary Warwick, RJ Forrester, Felicia Forrester, Dino Damiano, Eric Sharpe, or Rick Forrester, then Brad can keep it. I do hope they use Li more, as well as Jack Finnegan, who should mix it up romantically with either Brooke or Taylor. I also wouldn't mind Ian Buchanan doing a stint as James, if possible.

I also hope some of the new characters have their own rival fashion house, so perhaps Thomas can work there.

Brad's lack of attention span doesn't give me confidence in Carter and Katie's slow burn.

I wish Spencer Publications could play more of a part on the show for that reason. It's also the reason why I wish Paris would've been a cub journalist who came to work there and was mentored by Bill as well as befriended Liam and Wyatt too.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I've said for years that it is a missed opportunity that they never expand the world by using Spencer to reflect the public perception of Forrester.  I mean, do people in that version of LA wear Hope for the Future?  Do they covet an FC purse or Logan Lingerie?  And does FC's ad buy effect the coverage at Spencer?

• Members

Absolutely.

The only biological child that Ridge and Brooke share deserves to be on the canvas. If they're going to continue this Forrester vs Logan crap, he should be a part of that.

Plus, Finn really needs to meet one of his siblings.

Edited by AbcNbc247